Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baffin Trip with Capt Les Cobb - Day 2

Day 2
    After an unbelievable day on Day 1, we arrived at the ramp at 6:30am with slightly lower expectations due to the approaching front and to try to stay humble. Well, we went back to the same spot as we fished yesterday and we found that the wind had switched and was quite a bit higher than the day before. No matter, the bait was still there so we suspected that the fish would be too.

With the higher winds, I decided to go with the obnoxiously loud blue/chrome She Dog. Similar to yesterday, I waded out deeper to see if anyone was home. No luck so I zig-zagged back towards shore until I found the depth where the bait was congregated. Lo and behold, the mullet was hanging in about 2 feet of water so that's where I stayed.

About an hour or so into our wade, none of us had yet to get a sniff on our topwaters. I was just about to change to a floating corky when.... BALUUUSH... Hello!

"Is it a nice one?", my brother asked. "Yeah, probalby 26 or 27", I replied nonchalantly like I'm used to catch those on every trip...

By this time though, I know the drill. She pulls drag and I patiently wait until she tires out before I reach for the Boga. Well, this fish wasn't get tired. I was growing more impatient by the minute.

Finally, I see this fat stocky fish and snatch her up with the Boga.... 8.5 lbs. What? The fish doesn't look that long. So, I put her back in the water to reset the Boga and then lift her up again.... 8.5 lbs. Capt Les and my brother make their way over to me. Capt Les gets there first and says that fish is at least 29 inches. He helps me measure her and he was spot on... 29 inches... PERSONAL BEST... a few pics, huge grins, and back she goes in the water to fight another day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1226.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	574058Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1227.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	574059Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1228.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	574060Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1229.jpg
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	574061Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1235.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	574062

I caught some other keepers for the skillet, but that was my only big fish for the day.... my brother and Capt Les were just getting started.

Capt Les went deep and hooked a nice 6.5 lber.... released, no pics

My brother went back to the boat to grab a bite to eat. On the first cast out of the boat in less than 2 feet of water... BOOM... he nails a 6.5 lb, 27 inch beauty... photos, grins, and released.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1219.jpg
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	574063Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1221.jpg
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	574064Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1224.jpg
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	574065

Man, what a trip! Can't wait to do it again next year.... I'm looking to bust a 30 incher!

Great story and pics.

Comment

Holy cow! That's a Great 2 days! You wouldn't be able to wipe the smile off my face for a month! Congratulations!
      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Wow man! Awesome trip for sure!
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Man thats an awsome report and great picks ! outstanding catch !
          FPIII

Salt Water Fishn Is My Heritage

Comment

WTG Fellas! Awesome Trip!
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

That is crazy awesome fishing my man!!!!!!! I think I see the photo for the month in there too!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
                That is crazy awesome fishing my man!!!!!!! I think I see the photo for the month in there too!
                awesome trip !

Comment

Great trip and great pics - thanks for sharing; inspiring me to do a little bogging this weekend!

Gig 'em,
                  Beau T.

Comment

Very nice!! Great post and pics! Thanks.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Money well spent congrats too both of ya'll!
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

Great post with some bad arse pics to boot... Rep coming at cha buddy for the CPR on the big girls...
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Outstanding fish! Thanks for sharing the story.

Comment

WTG

Comment

Hell yea, very nice.

AQUA PIMP
                              AQUA PIMP......
                              "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
                              X