Snake island struggles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake island struggles

Okay, this spot has been killing me lately. I’ve heard some crazy good things about it. I’ve been told to anchor my yak about in the middle of the island/ reef and wade on the west side and cast parallel to the island and walk to the north tip. I’ve heard it’s crazy good on incoming tides. The problem is I was out there today (July 19th) and slicks were popping up everywhere, I could smell the water melon as well. But not even a single hit. I’m not willing to go to live bait. I was throwing shrimp tails from Marburgers sporting goods in seabrook. Can anybody give me some general tips on how to fish this area if I’m fishing it wrong? And also what artificial lures to throw?

Plum chartreuse assassins. 1/4 oz jig head.

Purple or plum is a great color for our bay system. Snake is a good cove. It’s a bit overfished at times though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Which type of assassin? The 4 inch paddle tail or the larger paddle tail(not sure what the size is)

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	bass-assassin-plum-chartreuse-shad-assassin-lure-000405614.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	562961I like the rat tail ones.
        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

With as much shad as there is running around the bay, a chrome Mirrodine XL would be good too.

Comment

Topwater also. I prefer bone colored-but my silver/blue or black ones usually ended up bone colored after much use.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

The probably fed the night before and were just slicking after digesting their meal the night before. If you're throwing plastics at them and not getting bit then maybe you're working the slicks wrong. might not be a bad idea to invest in the TroutSupport videos as well.. not like i'm partial or anything. We made them to help anglers get better.
              TroutSupport.comsigpic

Comment

I've had better luck on outgoing tide on Topwaters, plum plastics and mirrodines.
                Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Working...
                X