Aransas Pass Friday Sept. 17, 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aransas Pass Friday Sept. 17, 2010

I woke up a little before 4 am to thunder, lighting, and rain. It has been doing this all night. But fisherman don't fear rain but we run from lighting, and I am wondering how we are going to get to fish today. Radar show lots more coming in from the gulf and you never know what daylight will bring, sometime the storms build and sometime they don't with morning heat. But luck was on our side today, we waited until after first light and headed out to the flats, I am thinking with all the lighting and thunder the fish will be in deeper water, even though we have over 1' above normal tides, so we start in 5 - 6' of water drifting back to the shallows. We find a few 19''+ reds but no concentrations. So we moved up shallow and drifted back to deeper water, in 1 1/2' -2 ' of water we find lots of small trout and 1 keeper, these fish were nearly a mile to 5' of water. But about noon we pick up 5 more keeper reds and a trout to make it a successful day. We lucked out and had showers around us but never got wet. Thanks guys for a great day and look to see you again
    Attached Files
Working...
X