Thursday morning in the marsh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday morning in the marsh

It was a beautiful morning with my fly rod and Solo Skiff in the West Bay marsh.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	170928-065642.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	577268

Name:	170928-084200.jpg
Size:	200.4 KB
ID:	577269
    Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
    and
    Houston (Clear Lake City)

Awesome! I bet catching those reds on a fly rod is a blast!

-FP

Comment

Nice!
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Sweet!
        How are you liking that solo skiff?
        "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

The solo is - for me - the perfect boat. I can reach places that I could never reach before, can pole it in 2 inches of water, and it gets over 30 miles per gallon. My little 3 gallon tank is good for over 100 miles!

Brand new all-up on trailer for less than $5k. What's not to like?

Name:	20161030_081632.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.1 KB
ID:	562797
          Walker

and

Comment

NICE. Hey Walker, Any new info on how to help Anegada? If so, post it up. I'm sure some folks here would like to pitch in.
            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Thursday morning in the marsh

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              The solo is - for me - the perfect boat. I can reach places that I could never reach before, can pole it in 2 inches of water, and it gets over 30 miles per gallon. My little 3 gallon tank is good for over 100 miles!

Brand new all-up on trailer for less than $5k. What's not to like?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33548[/ATTACH]
              Yeah! I sure would like to get one. I'd really like more of a two man boat, but it does look like an ideal boat for one person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Nice fish sir and an awesome ride.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice catch!!
                  Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Very sleek looking skiff ya got there, watch out skinny water!!

Comment

WTG Walker! Sweet!
                      sigpic
                      Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Nice report Walker. Welcome back to Texas.
                        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
                          NICE. Hey Walker, Any new info on how to help Anegada? If so, post it up. I'm sure some folks here would like to pitch in.
                          This has been an unbelievable stretch of bad luck. The eye of Hurricane Irma passed directly over Tortola at category 5. OK - here are the categories...
                          1 - wind 74-95 mph
                          2 - wind 96-110 mph
                          3 - wind 111-129 mph
                          4 - wind 130 - 156 mph
                          5 - wind 157+ mph

Irma was 185 mph gusting to 220. It was category 5 only because there is no category 6. Irma obliterated Tortola. 90% of the buildings there were severely damaged or destroyed.

Aid starting pouring in to Tortola, but none of that was getting to Anegada. The only relief to Anegada was coming directly from St. Croix and Puerto Rico.

Before Irma left the stage, she wiped out a lot of south Florida.

Cue Hurricane Maria

Maria destroyed St. Croix and Puerto Rico.

So - here we are - with a good portion of the Caribbean destroyed and no source of aid to Anegada.

Most homes on Anegada were destroyed or severely damaged.

Name:	21686864_1545614632165011_4049708318524400315_o.jpg
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	562798

Name:	21740107_10214411442824282_91079977017192294_n.jpg
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	562799

This is Cow Wreck Beach, where we live. I have not seen our cottage, but I have been told by several people that have seen it since the storm that it is pretty much OK. We are very thankful for that, but we are very sad about the fortune of our neighbors and family.

Name:	21543889_10210294320339321_8744031338097007637_o.jpg
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	562800

I started a relief fund for Anegada a few weeks ago. I didn't mention it here because very few of you have any connection to Anegada. We can take care of whatever damage that we have out of our own pocket, but most Anegadians do not have deep pockets.

The battle is uphill. All of the normal supply sources are gone. Puerto Rico is kaput. Florida is blown away. I spent a lot of time on the phone today trying to find a building supply source in Florida that can deliver to Miami so that we can containerize and ship. Thus far, zero luck.

If you care to help out, this is the link to the fund.

Any amount will be greatly appreciated. Even $5 will get a pound of nails to Anegada, even if I have to carry them myself.
                          Walker

and

Comment

My outboard is Kaput, my dryer died last week, tonight some road debris shredded 2 of my tires. If things go in 3s, I'll be fine. These things seem like they're insurmountable. But I have a safe place to sleep, food in my fat belly, and security in a good, however low paying job. These people, whom are some of the nicest, warmest people in the world . . . . . they are left with nothing.

I can bum rides to the camp from Bayou Uber, I can dry my clothes at Lynne's, and I can drive my other truck. I can't turn my back on the people of Anegada. Hopefully some people here who haven't been hit badly by Harvey, will feel the same way. I'll be writing a check Sunday night Walker. PM me your mailing address if you will.
                            From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Please use https://www.youcaring.com/relieffora...aneirma-943857

It makes keeping up with it all much easier.
                              Walker

and

Comment

Working...
                              X