Myer lemon tree yellow leaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myer lemon tree yellow leaves

Anyone have a diagnosis for the yellow leaves?
    Over watering comes to mind , but , it has some fungal dark areas also . Some underside of the leaf mealybug ( white cotton like presence that wipes off ? ) activity is present , but , I don’t know if the bugs and fungus is the cause or secondary to the plant being weakened by overwatering. I sprayed an insecticide then a week later a fungicide. Any thoughts ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Myer lemon tree yellow leaves

Pretty common on pot grown citrus. There are a couple diseases that cause this but the most likely culprit here is just inconsistent watering and the leaching of minerals from the potting soil. Get you some miracle grow and water it 3 days a week with that for a while. Should green back up. Handful of triple 13 to give it a boost and a bit of mulch on top won’t hurt either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Ibtsoom; April 7, 2019, 11:20 PM.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

I have the same problem with my pot grown citrus.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pot Grown Citrus2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	562951

Comment

Thanks IBTSOOM , the tree has been chugging along nicely for several years . This is not normal. When I saw it blooming about a month and a half ago , I put a 3 month Osmocote vegetable and fruit slow release fertilizer on it and topped it off with a good mulch . It had a ton of blossoms, but it usually produces only 8 lemons. I read that a tree will produce only the amount of fruit the tree can support .

UBER , that must be a last year picture ! You have a lot of fruit on it !
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayou Uber View Post
          I have the same problem with my pot grown citrus.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34127[/ATTACH]
          Is that spliced like a Pecan Tree or is it "Spleafed"? Regardless, make a helluva drink.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

It's a sensimyer plant. Cross between Sensimilla weed and Myer lemon. If you use a grow light it will produce fruit all year long.

Comment

Iron deficiency maybe? My experience is that fruit trees are fickle. There’s huge swings in nutrients due to the fruit, heat stress, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              VHF 16/68

Comment

Really?! Sweet !

Comment

Working...
                X