15mi out of SLP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15mi out of SLP

I haven't been doing so good fishing around SLP and Cold Pass by my house lately so, I decided to go to a platform out of SLP about 15 miles out or so. I didn't know what to expect to catch, but I was hoping for maybe something different like bluefish, maybe a stray snapper or angelfish or trigger fish. Something different just for the sake of change.

What I found was a endless supply of sand trout. Is that common for them to be out in 60 feet of water 15 miles offshore?

So THAT'S where all the trout are! They sure as hell ain't in the bays yet!
    Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
    "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Way to venture out and get on some fish....don't think I could kayak that far.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

cool!
        the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

We kept around 30 or so to supplement the crawfish boil/fish fry we do at the end of March every year. I used to be all about crappie fishing before we bought on the coast and would fry up a bunch of those. But sandies will do for beer drinkin' times like that.

I understand they don't freeze well, but I'm hard headed and will have to see that for myself I guess.

Comment

Vacuum seal em works pretty good

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Also if you freeze them in water and add a teaspoon of salt to each quart they keep their firmness a bit better. Works well with oysters too.
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Working...
              X