11-16-2013 lake sabine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-16-2013 lake sabine

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27161[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27162[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27163[/ATTACH]

saturday , walkinwader met me at my boat storage to load up for lake sabine . Gilbert was to go also but he had to work at the last minute . We left at 4 : 30 am , with most of the drive in a nerve wracking fog . We put in on the louisiana side causeway . We planed to fish the bayous and watch for birds . We had louisiana licenses and could go into bayous and do louisiana limits and sizes . I think i may have released a few cajun keepers out of habit . We headed north to blue buck point and the shoreline still in a thick fog . We eased onto the shore at this bayou entrance . Tim fished the shoreline and lost a good flounder and released a few small ones . Speak up tim if i don't get something correct . I caught the best flounder of the day at the point in the second photo , a thick 18 " one . Nothing to leave galveston bay for . I caught a second flounder inside the bayou mouth .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27164[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27166[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27167[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27168[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27169[/ATTACH]

we moved on and fished another bayou and when we left without a strike , found birds nearby and picked up a couple of trout . This red i threw back . I have to bone up on the cajun lengths . A grass fire smoke obscured an area as the fog lifted .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27171[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27172[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27170[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27173[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27174[/ATTACH]

sorry , i kept the above red and released the one shown here .we ran into some more birds and a few trout . Tim got on a roll and strung 3 flounder in one spot while i added my third flounder .

Comment

END

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27175[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27176[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27178[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27179[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27180[/ATTACH]

feeding flocks of gulls increased as it got later in the day . We ended up with 1 red , 6 flounder , and 8 trout . We didn't excell , but we had a great time , got some fish , and learned a little about lake sabine .

Comment

Thanks for all the typing and the great time doc. Looking forward to another trip. All in all a great day was had. Met a new friend and caught fish. Til the next adventure of Doc and Tim....

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice trip! Great report as always Plugger!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Sure wish we could see birds working on west bay. Not to often you see people wading Sabine. Nice pics!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Nice report and pics as always, Plugger. Looks like a good time!

Comment

Nice day and good pictures with great fish!!!
                  Sounds like ya'll all had some fun!!
                  "Nobody's so poor that somebody can't get rich screwing 'em."

Comment

Great report & photos..,love fishing Sabine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice going guys!
                      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Nice report and pictures.

Comment

Yeah not too many waders..think only other waders we saw were on the way back to ramp there was two other guys wading.

Comment

Get back in the boat and chase them birds!

Comment

Nice report Henry. Sounds like a good time. Great pictures as always.

Comment

Working...
                              X