7/21 Off Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7/21 Off Shore

Left Surfside Marina around 7:00 on Friday. We made our way out to the snapper grounds. We were there for 30 min and had half of our snapper boxed when the Woo Crew showed up.

Captain yelled over at me, we are friends and he said he lost all of his electronics on the way out. I grabbed my spare GPS and after a safe transfer we told him to follow our drift.

After boxing the remaining snapper we wrestled with a 60lb AJ for about 10 minutes. It took a team effort and fought very hard. It was the largest I've landed. We de-hooked her and released but not before a few photos along the side of the boat.

We said by to the Woo Crew and ran out to the shelf. Had a bad current ripping across a few of our spots so moved further east and found calmer water. Our deep drops resulted in several barrel fish, tile and a hake. It wasn't our best deep drop trip. It was a lake on Friday.

Sorry not many photos of the fish.

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

that's a BIG aj. Only took you 30 minutes to get out? What is your cruising speed...those cats are great offshore boats
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
      that's a BIG aj. Only took you 30 minutes to get out? What is your cruising speed...those cats are great offshore boats
      It took 1 hour 20 min to get out there. We run around 30-34 mph.

Comment

Heck of a AJ Coe. Water looked comfy and great for a nice ride.
        "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Fish box, glad someone took a shot.

Comment

Nice trip!
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Good trip , Coe !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
              X