No announcement yet.

New route to SLP is skinny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^agree with Steve, wait for a sunny clear calm day and go slow to mark it on a gps. It's the rough muddy days that will make the route scary when you can't tell where the guts are. The sand shifts so much that relying on poles and google earth is not the best idea. From last summer to now, a lot has changed over there. And sharks will always be around!

Comment

The gut pass is marked by your green and red channel markers. However once in only red are shown. Keep to the right of the markers and you'll be fine. It's wide enough but caution should still be used. Go slow at first until you're all the way through it. On the return us the RRR, right on red when returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good to know , thank you .
        GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

You're welcome.

"We're going to need a bigger boat!"

Comment

Good posts... ain't it true...always changing at SLP. Go slow!

I have a house in Sea Isle and have not been able to get down to the Pass this year due to working too much. Last summer I took the path in this picture. Is the route y'all are referencing in the same general location or is it now somewhere else? Any details are appreciated... hoping to go out next weekend! Thanks as always guys!

Click image for larger version

Name:	SLP to WestBay (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	562189

Comment

Same area it looks like.

Comment

Latest Google Earth of SLP, I think.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-10-12 at 10.06.09 AM.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	562190

Comment

It's sanding in. I hired a pilot to fly over and he took great photos of all that slp area January after Ike hit. All the guts you see now were blown out clean, including those smaller finger guts. At that time, some of those smaller guts went out into deeper water. Not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by West End Yankee View Post
                    Good posts... ain't it true...always changing at SLP. Go slow!

I have a house in Sea Isle and have not been able to get down to the Pass this year due to working too much. Last summer I took the path in this picture. Is the route y'all are referencing in the same general location or is it now somewhere else? Any details are appreciated... hoping to go out next weekend! Thanks as always guys!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31625[/ATTACH]
                    Yes, that pretty much is the correct path. Toughest part is the first part coming from West bay into the path to take-lotta shoals around and I've been stuck and seen quite a few others stuck because we missed the channel by a few feet. Don't try it in a big boat on a low tide.
                    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

BTW, I made it through about a month ago in my 23' CC Robalo with twins and a full tank of gas (120 gallons) and of course a cooler full of beer, plus about another 80 pounds of ice. I churned a little sand/mud while on plane but no issue in or out.
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Originally posted by Reel Therapy15 View Post
                        The gut pass is marked by your green and red channel markers. However once in only red are shown. Keep to the right of the markers and you'll be fine. It's wide enough but caution should still be used. Go slow at first until you're all the way through it. On the return us the RRR, right on red when returning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Thanks all ... I'll just need to get out there and "feel" my way through.

As for Reel Therapy15's comment of green and red channel markers... i will assume this is sarcasm! In all my years on West Bay, i have not seen such "sophistication" normally only some white PVC pipes... has something changed here?

Comment

New route to SLP is skinny

I promise they are there however when I say Chanel markers I do mean colored PVC. Should have clarified that earlier on.

My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by West End Yankee View Post
                            Thanks all ... I'll just need to get out there and "feel" my way through.

As for Reel Therapy15's comment of green and red channel markers... i will assume this is sarcasm! In all my years on West Bay, i have not seen such "sophistication" normally only some white PVC pipes... has something changed here?
                            Oh , yeah , they put out those red and green sophisticated channel markers only for the Southerners .
                            Sorry , I can't help it .
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

thanks again! excuse my sarcasm... i just never saw someone take the time to paint pvc green/red. thats awesome... i am personally happy even to have ANY pvc pipes to guide me! especially in the SLP area! should be out there sunday morining... will give a report on how i make out.

Comment

West Bay to SLP Update...

I ran the above mentioned route to SLP several times last Fall without issue... plenty of water (except right where it meets West Bay). Planning to heading out this coming weekend for the first run of the season (boats been in the shop) and was wondering if the channel has changed much since October? Any feedback is appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X