No announcement yet.

WOTM #1 ~ Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only drink when I'm by myself or with someone.

Comment

That's why I stick to bourbon
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Bastrop homegrown with a sleeve of zig-zags.

Comment

Originally posted by mgstei1 View Post
          That +/- 8 years in the oak is questionable on BT but I will give it a try.

Bruce, no offense but I thought you were referring to the picture"on the bottom" as that animal on the torn white paper on the BT bottle!! You know, the Buffalo!! The picture of the Bull!!! LMAO!!!!
          Why do you question the average age? BT is bottled on a taste profile and not a schedule. There could be 6 year juice vatted with 10 year old juice so as long as it meets the flavor profile.

....as for the bull on the bottle comment, HILARIOUS!!!!!

Comment

Bruce, you look different without a beard. Shave again and let's go camping!
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Pocket shot !
              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I'm a light drinker......it gets light, I start drinking!
                Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
                "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

Although those beers on doc's boat were pretty tasty

Comment

I think we need to explain that we're pretty new at this and not presenting ourselves as experts but rather a couple of guys trying out various whiskeys and talking about them. We aren't posting ratings per se, just our take on the whiskey.
                    One of the things I like is the research Jason does prior to the write ups. Anyway, no pretense here. We just want to share our enjoyment with y'all.

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Here is a interesting video about the distillery and it's past. You'll Mr. Elmer T. Lee in this video. He is the father of the single barrel bourbon. Mr. Lee passed away this past July.

http://http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=...ure%3Dyoutu.be

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post

haven't tried it, I'll need a sample

Comment

Originally posted by buoy37 View Post
                          Here we go boys and gals. My first Whiskey Of The Month write up. Let me preface this....I suck at writting and spelling, but I enjoy learning and sharing things I find interesting with anyone who will "listen". Some of you may know that Bruce (Curmudgeon) and I are 2/5 of a small whisky club in the Clear Lake area (based out of my house). I enlisted his help on this venture.....so without further ado...

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey

$22.00 for a 750ml

Buffalo Trace Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is the flagship bourbon of the seven time “Distillery of the Year”, Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, Kentucky. This non-age statement whiskey is bottled at a much appreciated 45% ABV (90 proof). It has been written (unofficially) that Buffalo Trace is bottled with an average age of 8 years (plus or minus).

Buffalo Trace bourbon as we know it, hit the shelves in 1999. However, the grounds on which the distillery stands, has been producing whiskey under various names and ownership since the late 1780s. Modern distillation arrived on site in 1857. Fortunately, during the Prohibition era, the distillery was able to keep it’s doors open because it held one of only four permits issued in the country to continue the distillation of “medicinal” whiskey. Since 1992, a New Orleans based company, Sazerac, has been the “deep pockets” needed to make it possible for the distillery to produce the volume and quality of whiskey that it has been year after year.

The distillery’s 119 acres and 114 buildings are quite rich in history. Hell, a few of the aging warehouses have been in use for 125+ years. The distillery bottles bourbons that range in age from 4 to 23 years old. Here is a quick list of the other bourbons they produce and bottle:

• Ancient Age
                          • Antique Collection
                          • Benchmark
                          • Blanton’s
                          • Buffalo Trace
                          • Eagle Rare Single Barrel
                          • Elmer T. Lee
                          • Experimental Collection
                          • Hancock’s
                          • Old Charter
                          • Old Taylor
                          • Rock Hill Farms
                          • Sazerac Straight Rye Whiskey
                          • Stagg Jr.
                          • Van Winkle
                          • W.L. Weller

Do yourself a favor this month. Grab a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon and your favorite sipping glass. Light your Christmas tree and sip this American treasure while you sit in quiet reflection of all the hard work and discipline you have put forth this year. Job well done my friend!

Merry Christmas to the entire FWE crew and their beloved family members.

Nose: Sweet, ginger, molasses, carmel, pear, apple, banana, marmalade

Nose (w/ a little water): Spiced orange, stove top caramel, toffee, brown sugar

Taste: Sharp, barrel wood bitterness (in a good way), spicy, white pepper, .....yet fruity

good review. I'll have to give it a try.

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
                            Sure it doesn't age as long though...

Comment

I need one now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                                I need one now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
                                Which one?! Lol!

Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life.
                                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."