Potlicker Alert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Potlicker Alert

Ok now I understand. Cutters get stitches!!!
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

What do I do if the wind direction changes mid drift?
      "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Went through that Today.

Comment

My two cents, there is a lot of water go find your own spot Just wait until fall and winter fishing at Confederates!
          LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Potlicker Alert

I think this whole drift fishing thing is way over thought. Lmao it seems to me people are just looking for a reason for someone to ruin their day. That's no fun! Enjoy whatever kind of fishing you do. If someone cuts off your drift go back to the end of the line. The fish don't care what order you're in lmao.
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

X2 on that! OR, drift where most people are too afraid to enter
              Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
              I think this whole drift fishing thing is way over thought. Lmao it seems to me people are just looking for a reason for someone to ruin their day. That's no fun! Enjoy whatever kind of fishing you do. If someone cuts off your drift go back to the end of the line. The fish don't care what order you're in lmao.
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Potlicker Alert

Sometimes it's easier to find something to complain about instead of just enjoying yourself. I speak from experience. I'm trying not to let the small things bother me.

Comment

Potlicker Alert

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  My two cents, there is a lot of water go find your own spot Just wait until fall and winter fishing at Confederates!
                  I won't be anywhere near that reef for that exact reason. Winter is my favorite time to fish. Instead I'll be wading a cove or shoreline with the softest mud I can find. You don't find many others in those areas in the middle of January unless they are doing the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Potlicker Alert

Originally posted by Reynolds4 View Post
                    Sometimes it's easier to find something to complain about instead of just enjoying yourself. I speak from experience. I'm trying not to let the small things bother me.
                    I can promise you I enjoyed myself. I won't let things like that ruin my day. Life is too short. I was simply hoping to educate just one person. I happened to be fishing on a buddies boat this past weekend. Most of the places I prefer to fish this time of year are not accessible by a large percentage of boats on the water. I prefer fishing the skinny water where the red colored fish frequent this time of the year.

Comment

Im with ya, just another excuse cause you can catch fish or play nice with others. blame game.
                      "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Potlicker Alert

Originally posted by Keller View Post
                        Im with ya, just another excuse cause you can catch fish or play nice with others. blame game.
                        I catch plenty of fish, bud. Actually caught quite a few surrounded by potlickers on Hanna's and deep Sunday morning.

Comment

Yawn. That boat looks like a match stick in your pic. Cry me a river Professor fishermen educator.
                          "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Potlicker Alert

Originally posted by Keller View Post
                            Yawn. That boat looks like a match stick in your pic.
                            I agree with you. It does "look" that way. Tight lines, bud.

Comment

I ran into the same thing in a marsh, he did not ease off the throttle and even waved. Needless to say I gave him the national sign.

Comment

One thing to keep in mind is out of the hundreds of people out fishing the same bay system as you; we all have different fishing techniques and styles (wade, drift, anchor, troll, etc...) and to that guy there was nothing wrong with what he was doing. To you, he is a complete ignorant potlicker. What makes what you do right and what he does wrong? He was probably thinking...look at those jerk wads drifting over here close to us...go catch your own fish

I'm sure I've cut off someones drift before...actually, I KNOW I have and not intentionally but it happens and I've been cut off numerous times!
                                Last edited by Reynolds4; August 6, 2013, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X