Kayak Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kayak Rental

Just wanted to see if anyone was aware of a place that will rent out kayaks for the day. I've been dying to hit the bay in a yak for a while, but haven't been willing to spend the $ to buy one just yet. I'd like to rent one...get a feel for it...then see about purchasing. Any ideas?

Don't know where you're coming from, but FTU will rent you a yak for a day.

Don't know how much space you have, but you might want to consider buying anyways. Kayaks hold their value well, and you could probably sell one that you didn't ding up too much for $100 less or so, and still have gotten several trips out of it. It will cost you ~$50 a day to rent. Just something to think about.

A lot of places, FTU included I believe, will discount your rental from the price if you end up buying from them.

Comment

I have to agree with milkjug, my brother just sold his yak in 2 days on craigslist.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

FTU?

Comment

Fishing Tackle Unlimited on Fuqua and 45. They have a pretty extensive yak section, even a pool to test them in.

Comment

Catch me on the right trip and you can come along, I got 3 yaks.
            Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

I got 3 also.So you'll get a chance in somebodies soon

Comment

Kayaks are a blast, I had one (heritage fisherman 14) and it wasnt stable enough for me so I didnt care for them. Cleaned some reels for a malibu pro staff member awhile back and he lets me take out 2 kayaks that are like CADDILACS. I love those things, I think one is an x-14 and on is a search 14. Anyway im 6'3" 230 lbs and my buddy that was with me is 6'5" 250 and we were both standing while poling and casting. Ill see if I can find his number. Its part of his responsibility as a pro staff member to let people demo them. But I must warn you, these yaks will spoil you and they arent cheap.

I'd def say try a few out before you commit and see how they ride. I hear you trade off stability for speed and vice versa.

Comment

Originally posted by B.Rich View Post
                  Just wanted to see if anyone was aware of a place that will rent out kayaks for the day. I've been dying to hit the bay in a yak for a while, but haven't been willing to spend the $ to buy one just yet. I'd like to rent one...get a feel for it...then see about purchasing. Any ideas?

this isnt richard hall by any chance is it?

Comment

Working...
                  X