Lower Trinity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower Trinity

Got another invitation to go catch some early morning Specks! Decided to fish closer to home rather than running to Upper Trinity, figuring it would be too crowded. First cast was about 10 after 6am. Very light breeze, throwing a Pink Spook Jr. Partner threw a Limetreuse Spook Jr. Second cast, slow steady retrieve, resulted in a 15 1/2" speck. Caught two more, 15 1/2" and a 16 1/2". Once the sun came up, party was over. Fish were short striking and had a lot of slaps, few takers. We tried a few other spots to no avail. In by 9:30 with three keepers. Beautiful sunrise and a nice relaxing morning.
    Whatever it is,good or bad, God knows! Jeremiah 29:11

Nice going, Moe!

Comment

Nice catch.
      Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Good trip!

Comment

Just top waters , Moe ? Slapping those tops means give them a plastic or subsurface . I've learned long ago if they just slap a Topwater plug , they will gobble a subsurface plug or plastic .
          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Nice Moe. Those little ones are my favorite eating size.

Comment

Glad you got out Moe! Thanks for the report.

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                Just top waters , Moe ? Slapping those tops means give them a plastic or subsurface . I've learned long ago if they just slap a Topwater plug , they will gobble a subsurface plug or plastic .
                If this was a meat haul trip, I probably would have switched, besides it was fun catching them on top in the dark. We were out to just catch a few and relax! Mission accomplished!

Moe
                Last edited by Moe; October 27, 2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: edit

Comment

Nice morning!
                  "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

It's an effort and a good distance to drag my boat to the bay to fish just 3 1/2 hours .... Hard to wrap my head around it . That's why I fish all day . Besides , I love fishing . I need to be wealthy and have my hired help do all the prep work and cleaning . Sounds like a nice no pressure fishing morning for you . That is cool catching fish on top waters in the dark .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      It's an effort and a good distance to drag my boat to the bay to fish just 3 1/2 hours .... Hard to wrap my head around it . That's why I fish all day . Besides , I love fishing . I need to be wealthy and have my hired help do all the prep work and cleaning . Sounds like a nice no pressure fishing morning for you . That is cool catching fish on top waters in the dark .
                      Believe me! We would rather fish all day. The ramp we launched from is 10 minutes from my friends house and 5 from mine. I have an extenuating circumstance that kept us close. She called me, because the folks she was taking canceled out and she knew I had not been out in a while. She just wanted to run the boat a little and she knew I would not be able to be out for long. After the sun came up, we went searching, however it was difficult finding them. Fishing under high pressure is usually a grind anyway. We really did not want to run to upper Trinity, because you'd swear it was drive time traffic on 45 headed in that direction! Crazy! She keeps her boat ready to go at any moment. She is just plum ate up with fishing. It will be more fun fishing starting this weekend due to the opening of deer season, real quiet on the bay!
                      Yeah, I need to be wealthy too!

Moe

Comment

Working...
                      X