Navionics Platinum+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navionics Platinum+

Several years ago I bought a Lowrance 5 which came with very basic charts, so I bought the Navionics Platinum+ for a lot of $$. They're great charts with tons of detail of the West GOM. Over a year ago, the Navionics card quit reading. I took it out, cleaned it and put it back in. It worked for a while and then quit again.
    I contacted Navionics customer service and they said it was only warrantied for one year, and my card was two+ years old, so I was SOL.
    I kept emailing and calling, and when Navionics sent me emails about new products, I sent back obscene responses. About a month ago, after one of my email rants, customer service emailed and gave me two bad choices, one wanted me to send in my card with credit card information, and if it tested bad they'd send me a new one, otherwise bill me for a new one. I told them I had a third idea. I'd send in my chip, and if it was bad send me a new one, no credit card needed. Miracle of miracles, a UPS lady just delivered my new card. I guess perseverance paid off!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

WTG!

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

That's great news, Capt. kenny. But after all those years on west bay, do you really have to rely on that instrumentation. I'd figure you'd run that bay blindfolded.

Comment

No fish on Kenny's Reef
        NFOKR

Comment

Originally posted by H.Maier View Post
          That's great news, Capt. kenny. But after all those years on west bay, do you really have to rely on that instrumentation. I'd figure you'd run that bay blindfolded.
          For the most part I do, but it has charts of the whole Western GOM with very accurate depths, so if I'm in Baffin or wherever I'm covered. I also use it to run at night, early in the morning & in the fog.
          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
          X