Pecans always fall from tree???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pecans always fall from tree???

I have a tree that was here when I bought my house years ago. Every year the pecans fall off. This year they
    dropped while still green, but most years they grow to full size and turn black before dropping.
    The green ones this year are nice and white inside.
    The tree can't be a native one because the pecans are large and long. Some sort of papershell I would think.
    Just a bad tree or need spraying????

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pecans.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	574630Click image for larger version

Name:	Pecan Leafs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	574631

Shoot Cuda340 a pm. His family has a pecan orchard. He'll be able to help you out.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Just talked to the man, He isnt 100% sure, but the other growers he has talked to about it, believe that the recent rains may have started a fungis! It seems to be pretty widespread, he's takin a pretty good hit himself as many others around these parts are too! They dont think theres much you can do about it as far along as it already is! Good Luck!
      West Bay Sensai...

Comment

Thanks for the replies and imfo.

Comment

Grandma would always say back to back droughts would ruin the crops if rain would come right before there we're to shed and drop.Dale I saw some in a backyard in Texas city so it's not a isolated problem.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

FUNKY disease , Dale .
            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Got to spray em on a regular schedule to prevent it. I'll look up the link
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

http://pecankernel.tamu.edu/ipm_calendar/index.html here it is. Kinda of like understanding rocket appliances!!
                Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog View Post
                  http://pecankernel.tamu.edu/ipm_calendar/index.html here it is. Kinda of like understanding rocket appliances!!

That's a LOT to figure out.

Comment

How old would you say the tree is? They really don't start producing well until they have been in the ground at least 7 years.

They feed a lot as well, if they don't get their proper nutrients they won't be able to produce.

My brother knows a whole lot more than I do about them and what you should be fertilizing them with, I'll ask him the next time I see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Son of the Republic

Comment

Originally posted by D-I-A View Post
                      How old would you say the tree is? They really don't start producing well until they have been in the ground at least 7 years. They feed a lot as well, if they don't get their proper nutrients they won't be able to produce. My brother knows a whole lot more than I do about them and what you should be fertilizing them with, I'll ask him the next time I see him. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      About 25 years old

Comment

My brother thinks it may be an iron deficiency problem. I asked him what the solution was for that, and he said that they really haven't found a fertilizer that has worked well enough to improve the iron in the soil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Son of the Republic

Comment

Hey Thanks, I'll look around the internet and see if I can find anything.

Comment

Working...
                          X