Post your Ride!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha! Not a bad idea.

So I took the yak out today at the camp at SLP and it was awesome!!!! Didn't really catch anything, but just being out in that water was so much fun.

I DID get tired of paddling, but I'm sure if I do it enough I'll be okay (it was probably because I was on a schedule and wanted to get places in a hurry)

Also, didn't have a gps since I thought that staring at that map for a whole week would do me some good ...but it didn't.

Sorry I didn't make it, Sandy =/ I kinda got lost and headed south looking for the mouth of that cut but to no avail.

I can't wait to navigate all those places and finally be able to catch some fish!!! But for right now I guess I'll be "shooting in the dark" since I have no idea where the fish are lol but the main thing is that I'm having tons of fun, right!?

-Marco

Comment

Oh and by the way, my shoulders are sore as HE77!!!! lol

-Marco

Comment

Here is pic of me in my ride.Pretty sweet huh?
        Attached Files
        Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkoChavs View Post
          Ha! Not a bad idea.

But for right now I guess I'll be "shooting in the dark" since I have no idea where the fish are lol but the main thing is that I'm having tons of fun, right!?
          There are quite a few folk out there in the same "boat" looking for the fish. I'll take a picture of the narrower crate and post. Good job on the initial outing!!
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	fishyak.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	553908

Comment

YAK #2

went out and got me a new one instead... didnt really like how small the frenzy was..

...mine is the yellow one.... =P

-Marco

Comment

The new Yaks

My wife and I got our new Yaks this past week; an OK Trident 13 and OK Trident 11. Lots of rigging still to be done including rudders, trolleys, and fish finder/GPS. In lue of a milk crate I went with a "Vittles Vault" that I ordered from one of the online pet supply houses. I really like the vault because it has a water proof lid and all of your stuff stays put if you happen to tump over. Don't ask how I know.

AT
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is mine! Tarpon 160i with rudder. I'll post a better pic later. I have a crate that holds two rods, two extended rod holders on the side and one in the front.

Name:	195938_10150214146884128_530589127_9164947_8115382_n.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	554058
                  Resident Ninja

Comment

My Stealth 14 in the back. My first yak and I love it. Livewell, tons of storage, and very stable. Gonna add a rudder and fish finder soon. And def get a better paddle.

Comment

Mine's in the shop awaiting some lanyards and possibly an anchor trolly system... the wife keeps nagging me to hurry up!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Bullet Catcher; March 30, 2011, 09:29 AM. Reason: photo will not show

Comment

I actually own two kayaks, two canoes, a pirogue, and this... My wooden layout boat project I finished last summer. This was an old boat I restored and converted for hunting use. Only got to hunt out of it once, but hope to play with it more next season. I think it is pretty cool. Very stable and very seaworthy. It actually sits a little lower in the water. I have it
                        beached on top of a sand bar for the pictures.

Comment

Nice rigs guys. Here's mine. Its just a start, plan on tinkering with it some more. Also planning on using the fly rod with it a lot more.Click image for larger version

Name:	084.JPG
Size:	2.51 MB
ID:	554175Click image for larger version

Name:	083.JPG
Size:	2.04 MB
ID:	554176
                          You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

My Ride

Name:	129.jpg
Size:	1.65 MB
ID:	554334Click image for larger version

Name:	122.jpg
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	554333Click image for larger version

Name:	120.jpg
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	554332Click image for larger version

Name:	118.jpg
Size:	1.72 MB
ID:	554331Click image for larger version

Name:	117.jpg
Size:	1.80 MB
ID:	554330Click image for larger version

Name:	116.jpg
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	554329

This is my OK Trident 4.7. I installed the trolley system for the anchor. Made a spool to be able to real in the line without it getting all knotted up. I have to small coolers behind the live bait well. One is for fresh dead, the other for my beverages. I still have to install the fish finder and lights. I have wheels that plug into the bottom of it so that it is really not that bad getting it to the water. Once I get there, they come apart and get stored away.

Comment

Name:	kayaks_1.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	554342Click image for larger version

Name:	kayaks_2.jpg
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	554343

I'm not sure how to make the pictures right side up. But here's my two "new-to-me" kayaks I bought this weekend. An Ocean Kayak and Perception Prism, both came with seats, rudders, etc. I can't wait to rig them up and get them on the water.

Comment

Working...
                              X