468x80 Banner

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question For Those With Strap Type Boat Lift/Slings.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question For Those With Strap Type Boat Lift/Slings.....

I have my '21 Sea Hunt Triton on a sling type lift off of Offatts Bayou in Galveston, Texas This lift is sized for a slightly larger boat up to '28. I have never stored a boat on such a lift and know nothing about what storm/wind speeds folks leave their boats on these lifts and when it is prudent not to leave a boat on such a lift. I am asking these questions due to the low pressure system in the Gulf Of Mexico.
    What is a safe wind speed to leave the boat on the lift?
    Should ropes be tied in four places from boat to uprights to keep the boat from swinging in the wind or is the boat weight adequate.
    Any other advise?
    Thanks....
    PS-This is a open air boat house with no sides.
    I had no one to help me today and I am not physically able to drive/load/secure the boat to a trailer by myself.

Question For Those With Strap Type Boat Lift/Slings.....

I think you're ok with it hanging in the lift on this one.

If you need help in the future post something up I'm 100% positive you will get some help.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Our boat lives in the belts. We only put it on a trailer for hurricanes and annual service. I put out 2 bow lines and 2 stern lines whenever I leave. We can get really high winds in Galveston during normal thunderstorms (50 to 60 mph) and I don't want the boat swinging. During 1 very high water storm, the 4 mooring lines kept the boat from rising into the deck above. Be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by dreilly View Post
        Our boat lives in the belts. We only put it on a trailer for hurricanes and annual service. I put out 2 bow lines and 2 stern lines whenever I leave. We can get really high winds in Galveston during normal thunderstorms (50 to 60 mph) and I don't want the boat swinging. During 1 very high water storm, the 4 mooring lines kept the boat from rising into the deck above. Be prepared.
        x2 this was our standard practice.
        We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yep, tie it down to the pilings in case tide rises so it doesn't drift away and also helps keep sway down.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Working...
          X