Need some info please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some info please!!!

Alright guys I have a yamaha 90 2 stroke, and my question is. Is the exhaust suppose to come out through the propeller? That's what's happening to my outboard? It does have an exhaust port just south of the engine cover. And it also comes out from there but not as much! Please help, it is my first boat so lack of knowledge might be the issue.

Bwaaaaahahahahahahaha I lucked out on this boat my fren! It cost me about as much as a decked out hobie! The widow I bought it from just wanted it gone cuz she hated it. Lol her loss is my gain!

Comment

Probably completely normal. What year is the engine?
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70
        Try google next time before you make yourself look like an idiot.
        Has Gilbert taken over ???
        Karma's a beach.

Comment

Hey guys believe me I Googled it, that's why I asked the question. Like I said in my post it's my first boat. But apparently ya'll were born with full boating knowledge. So forgive me for asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Xpress89 View Post
            Has Gilbert taken over ???
            My thoughts exactly!

Comment

Exhaust comes out of both places as you asked.I have a video of a rebuild showing this. It will be posted up in a few weeks when I return from Offshore. I'll post the link then Youtube channel corndog77511 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiB...OJMv6iwfr9j_9g
              Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                Probably completely normal. What year is the engine?
                It's an 07 Ibtsoom, I spoke with Dawg and he told me it does that so thanks for asking!

Comment

Originally posted by corndog
                  Like taking dimes out of a dead mans eyes. Are you a lawyer?
                  No I'm not a lawyer corndog, my uncle's friend past awhile back and he called me and told me to get to his place in Ennis, Tx. ASAP so I could buy the boat. Right place at the right time kinda deal

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle pirate View Post
                    No I'm not a lawyer corndog, my uncle's friend past awhile back and he called me and told me to get to his place in Ennis, Tx. ASAP so I could buy the boat. Right place at the right time kinda deal
                    Good for you brother. Ask as many questions as you want.
                    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Normal for both two strokes and 4 strokes to emit exhaust from both the exhaust port just below the cowling and the lower unit through the prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle pirate View Post
                        My thoughts exactly!
                        Fixed now.. No patience for all that horse crap..
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                          Fixed now.. No patience for all that horse crap..
                          Lol thanks again

Comment

Most of my exhaust on my two stroke comes out at the propeller. I would also recommend only running supreme through your motor otherwise the carburetor will gum up and you'll be replacing gaskets and spark plugs. Just my two cents. Also some have oil injection and some require you to mix it in the gas. If your required to mix then you should go buy one of the measuring bottles that you can pour your oil in to properly measure the amount. Should be 50:1 ratio and you should add a splash of stabilizer in aswell.

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X