Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potlicker Alert

Sunday 8-4 / East Bay

I decided to start pulling out my phone and snapping a pic every time something like this happens, hoping this educates the general public, specifically the proper way to drift fish popular spots. We were drifting a well known area when these 2 guys in a white Century pulled right on in and started fishing. I could almost hit their boat throwing a tail on a 1/8oz jig head. Get in line and setup a drift just like everyone else!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I THINK THAT'S COE'S BOAT .
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Re: Potlicker Alert

the weekend is pretty much monkey see monkey do.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

If thats East Bay, he is on the other end of the world from you.
        "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Originally posted by reeltime View Post
          the weekend is pretty much monkey see monkey do.

sent from my taxpayer-funded sail phone and yes the government is tapped into my talk
          There were actually quite a few other boats on most reefs that knew how to drift mid bay reefs without cutting someone off. Surprising... I couldn't imagine being a guide and having to deal with this day after day.

Comment

Originally posted by Keller View Post
            If thats East Bay, he is on the other end of the world from you.
            It appears that way but I could dang near hit the boat with a tail on a 1/8oz jig head.

Comment

What reel you using, i want one.. lol
              "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

X2. thats a hell ofa cast from the pic above...
                Karma's a beach.

Comment

Potlicker Alert

X3
                  We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

2-3 years ago i was wading snake island , waist deep facing sea isle . My boat anchored down the reef . I watched a boat coming right at me from the bay not slowing or veering . I backed up closer to the reef thinking they didn't see me , i thought i was going to get run down . Dang thing finally came off plane just short of me and slowly passed in front of me close enough for me to extend my rod and tap my plug on the top of the head of the guy sitting closest to me on the boat and politely ask what they thought they were doing ? Two speechless , early 20 guys in front and one boozed up girl in the back who blurted out if i had caught anything . They continued on to the channel leading to the homes in the back of the cove - sunset cove i think . I felt like slinging my supperspook around their prop . They must have been stoned .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Potlicker Alert

The term potlickers are used very loosely these days. Lol a potlicker of old used to be one that fished using live or dead bait. In this case though why does it matter at what point you enter a drift? As long as they don't drop anchor a drift is a drift. Lol I don't drift fish but I could be wrong.

Henry what you just described is pure disrespect. Period
                      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Yeah , it was too wierd ....couldn't have been sober .

Comment

AR H3 Tops and tails, Curado and FINS 30lb braid. Was that you in the century?

Comment

No, I have a 19 Mako
                            "Team Waist Deep"

Comment

Originally posted by Hogie70 View Post
                              In this case though why does it matter at what point you enter a drift? As long as they don't drop anchor a drift is a drift. Lol I don't drift fish but I could be wrong.
                              I'll try and explain, as some people might not know any better. It's almost like cutting in line at the grocery store. I would bet most wouldn't agree with doing that. When you setup a drift, you should pay attention to what others around you are doing. If others are around, setup your drift BEHIND them, not within casting distance down wind from a boat that is already drifting. We had setup a drift so that we would end up drifting over a gut (deep spot) in the reef and these dudes decided they were going to motor right in front of us and start fishing. For anyone who might not know, you typically don't want to run over an area before fishing it. I don't at least...

Comment

Working...
                              X