Saturday RED-fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday RED-fest

I fished Saturday 2-6-10 in West Matagorda and really put a whipping on some good slot red's.The other 2 person's in my party fished a big drain and zeroed out.I fished the mouth of a very small ditch and the flat before it turned into a ditch.I had around 15 keepers and kept 1 fish for a friend at work.These fish were in around knee deep water and were super spooky.I would stand in one spot without moving and cast out to swirls letting the bait just sit on bottom for around 2-3 minutes then barely drag it in and they would pick it up.I caught a couple on a pink floating corky, but the bait they preferred was a gambler flapping something in watermelon redglitter.For pictures look up grass carp on wikapedia...

good work rick
    MANVEL MOB

Comment

HEHE the Carp Sneeky ,good trip!
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

grass carp? I didn't know what one looked liked, so I had to look it up. Nice report Rick.................... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grass_Carp

Comment

Nice job.congrats
          Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Good job sneeky on the banner day...
            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Better then fishing West Bay! We did not see any bait expect a few mullet in muddy water by confederates where 40 other boats were. No thanks!
              LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Sounds like fun Rick! Thanks for the report!
                sigpic
                Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                  Better then fishing West Bay! We did not see any bait expect a few mullet in muddy water by confederates where 40 other boats were. No thanks!

Thanks for the nice comments guy's.From all the trailers at the harbor and 2 guy's wanting to catch reds anyway I steered clear of East Matty.I talked to Rob Cummings and he said east was covered up on saturday.Stan and I fished east matty on sunday in the brown water and 30 plus winds,but didn't have any big trout.We called it a day around 1pm.We saw a ton of bait in several locals in west bay, my buddies said I was standing in the motherload of mullet,I explained they were attracted to me....us mullets must stay togather...lol

Comment

mullets do catch BIG TROUT!
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                      mullets do catch BIG TROUT!
                      X2 and so does sneekypete..........reds are better than nothing thanks for the report sneeky.
                      I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

He sure does Reeltime,i will take them reds any day.
                        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Good going Rick great report see ya at the fishing show.

Comment

sweet

Comment

see u at the ramp sat.
                              the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X