I might be crazy buttt,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be crazy buttt,

Have decided to rig up my aluminum boat for floundering. I have the motor, fan and boat. Started welding up fan motor mount today. Slow process by myself but determined. I guess my question is any helpful ideas? And also having trouble deciding on lights. Thinking about reverting back to old school 12 volt lites simply because of the prices most are wanting, crazy. Sandy,,,,,walk down to house and tell me what I'm doing rite or wrong lol. Who knows, hopefully this might kick start the floundering forum.

Didn't see this until now Ronnie. I'm glad you got me on the phone. How's the project coming?
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

I use halogen. I have a buddy who is using HPS in Louisiana and does well. The light penetrates the silted water better. If it's crystal clear any light will work but I feel the color spectrum the HPS is the best for our color water.
      We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Good luck. I have yet to get into gigging but man it looks like fun.

Comment

I use halogen. Got it rigged up with high beams and low beam auto bulbs. Usually have both turned on, but with silty water I tend to just use the low beam. Seems to be too much light reflected back off the dirty water with the brighter bulbs.

Comment

One of what I consider an adopted son has jumped in and helping. Finally getting somewhere. Thanks for the replies on lights. Bayou Uber, are you running your lights off an alternator?

Comment

He is. I'll bug him about replying..
              Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Yes. I have a pulley mounted behind the prop. The wider the belt the better, same with the pulley (more RPMs). Don't remember what I have (alternator size, belt width, pulley size) but I can get some details if needed. Sorry for the delay.

Comment

Re the pulley, the bigger diameter the better.

Comment

Thanks, when I ordered the prop and hub I had em put belt shieve on. Since it is machined on hub I'm kinda stuck with it. Seriously thinking about taking boat somewhere to have light wires, steering and throttle ran the right way. If I do it welllllll lets just say it's not always pretty. lol. This has been a crap shoot with not knowing what I'm doing. Thanks for replying

Comment

Working...
                    X