Wade fly fishing Christmas bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade fly fishing Christmas bay

Hi all, I am new here and I have searched for the topic but didn't find it. Hope I'm not repeating anything

I want to do some fly fishing for reds and trout in the summer and am looking at the south end of Christmas bay.

My first question is if anyone has experience there and if so how is the mud. Is it stable and can it be waded.

Second, does anyone have any better wade fishing spots that are accessible by foot that they could recommend for fly fishing reds and trout.

Third, what about surf fly fishing. anyone have advice on locations and flys used?

I need to be about an hour and a half from the north Houston area so any west bay areas will be great.

Also, all need to be accessible by foot.

Thanks!

Originally posted by bsvowell View Post
    Hi all, I am new here and I have searched for the topic but didn't find it. Hope I'm not repeating anything

I want to do some fly fishing for reds and trout in the summer and am looking at the south end of Christmas bay.

My first question is if anyone has experience there and if so how is the mud. Is it stable and can it be waded.

Second, does anyone have any better wade fishing spots that are accessible by foot that they could recommend for fly fishing reds and trout.

Third, what about surf fly fishing. anyone have advice on locations and flys used?

I need to be about an hour and a half from the north Houston area so any west bay areas will be great.

Also, all need to be accessible by foot.

Thanks!
    Christmas can be waded. I’d check out the crab flies if I was going for reds. Give Dana Cove a shot for wading. It’s pretty shallow and you can work the grass along the edges. Never tried fly fishing the surf, but I bet it would be a ton of fun on the ice-cream days!
    FYI: I am a lousy fly-fisherman, but it’s always fun to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Welcome !
      South end of Christmas Bay is fairly shallow such that the summer heat makes it unattractive to trout except in the deeper areas and at early dawn , sunset , and at night . Unfortunately, walk in places are getting rarer and rarer . Good luck !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Working...
      X