No announcement yet.

Today Obstruction , Looks like pipe above the water. Galveston near Tods Dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today Obstruction , Looks like pipe above the water. Galveston near Tods Dump

Obstruction above water , will ruin your day.
    depth 8 feet, looks like twisted pipe above water say 2.5" diameter

lat="29.51330186"
    lon="-94.91740619"

Not far from Tods Dump area and this sign about a shell area:

Why do you think it's named Todd's Dump?
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Todd dumped a bunch of twisted pipe there .
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Thanks for posting this. Always good to mark these. The scary thing is they disappear after a couple of years. I hope it is because someone is pulling them up, cutting them or whatever..... yeah right

Comment

...bunch of crap over that way. Todd's Dump just off of Eagle Point and N/NW of Resignation Reef.

Comment

Originally posted by Torque View Post
            Thanks for posting this. Always good to mark these. The scary thing is they disappear after a couple of years. I hope it is because someone is pulling them up, cutting them or whatever..... yeah right
            Usually because someone hits them and flattens it out over time. Not good.
            "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Planohog, carry some PVC with you to mark obstructions. They'll also help you learn the area.
              "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Did you catch any fish
                Fishwhisperer

Comment

I have a spot near there that has been good, last trip over it was not good. I did however find some interesting structure over
                  on the south side of tods dump, its kinda scarey over there, those ship wakes will sneak up on you. Almost have to post up
                  a person to keep an eye out . Anchor line has a float now, but when I feel uncomfortable I wont anchor . I like that area.

Comment

Working...
                  X