10/12 Laporte/ Seabrook Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10/12 Laporte/ Seabrook Report

Fuzzy and myself decided to go ahead and try despite the 70% chance of rain. Launched out of Sylvan Beach after waiting for 30 minutes for a squall to pass. We headed due South towards Seabrook/ Kemah area and stopped around some birds crashing bait and gave it a shot.......SLIMERS!!! BIG SLIMERS!! After releasing one we headed over to the North shoreline to fish the reefs and pilings. Had several good runs with no fish landed so we just bumped pilings all the way down.....nothing. We were keeping an eye on a big black cloud just over land and decided that we needed to get closer to the ramp so off we go. On the way back around, the same group of birds were still working so we stopped again....you guessed it! SLIMERS!!! Tiny would have had a field day! We waited out a few more decent showers and just drifted schools of shrimp that were every where and nothing to show for it. All in all, the water was in great shape, got a few pulls and the boat got a good rinsing. It's was great to meet Fuzzy and just get out of the house despite the conditions.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Thanks for the report Mike.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Mike, way to give it hell and thanks for the report. Going to try this weekend, hopefully the conditions will be right for a change.
      LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

at least you got out

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
          at least you got out
          ............and still had plenty of fuel left over!!

Comment

Thanks for the report - at least with their big ole heads they put up a good fight although it is always disappointing when you bring that boy to the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by sublimesurf74 View Post
              Thanks for the report - at least with their big ole heads they put up a good fight although it is always disappointing when you bring that boy to the surface.
              It is extremely disappointing but it's a dang good fight!! I don't eat fish, so I'm just in it for the pull!!

Comment

007 enjoyed it.Sure seems as nice as the water looked we'd catch something.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                  007 enjoyed it.Sure seems as nice as the water looked we'd catch something.
                  If there's anything that you can add feel free to do so!!

Comment

Well there is one thing.Seabrook is a goodways from East Bay.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
                      Well there is one thing.Seabrook is a goodways from East Bay.
                      There's not a category for LaPorte/ Seabrook so East bay was the closest thing that we had.

Comment

gave it a shot.......SLIMERS!!! BIG SLIMERS!!
                        You gotta stop using those Devil Eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by milkjug View Post
                          you gotta stop using those devil eyes. :d

never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice report Mike!
                            sigpic
                            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

nice report!!! its gonna turn on after this next big front!
                              MANVEL MOB

Comment

Working...
                              X