Louisanna fly fishing guide?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louisanna fly fishing guide?

I have often heard about fly fishing in Louisianna for big reds in the fall/winter. Would anyone on the forum bead or willing to offer me some specifics about this fly fishing extravaganza? Such as locations, guides, specific time of year or other relative information. Would prefer first hand knowledge. Thanks

I fish with Capt Scott Null over here in the fall. He is setting up over in Louisiana for the winter, has a house, the whole set up. Shoot me a message if you would like his contact info. Very good fly guide with a great skiff.
    "Shut up and jerk your croaker" - James Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Jerkyourcroaker View Post
      I fish with Capt Scott Null over here in the fall. He is setting up over in Louisiana for the winter, has a house, the whole set up. Shoot me a message if you would like his contact info. Very good fly guide with a great skiff.
      X2.

Locations: All of the marsh between Cocodrie and Hopedale is good for sight fishing for bull reds.
      Guides: Lots of great guides over there. I may even be running some trips that way this winter.
      Best time of year: Fall and Winter (Nov. - Feb.)

I've spent a bunch of time in Louisiana over the last few years. Feel free to give me a shout if you have any questions

Comment

Call Capt. Miles Larose, he will put you on the fish consistently.

http://www.shallowsouth.com

Comment

Soule is offering trips over there. SO is Jeremy Chavez(Casting Tales) and Jarid Malone(JM Fly Fishing)

Comment

Capt. RJ Messmer - Venice - 504-915-1376
            Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
            and
            Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

The fishing has been pretty good over there lately. It should be good through the winter.

Comment

Greg Dini - Fly Water Expeditions

...'nough said.

http://vimeo.com/49735462

Comment

I went to high school with Captain Miles Larose... Good guy and has been on with Jose Wejebe fromSpanish Fly. Monster Reds & worth the trip to south east Louisiana

http://www.shallowsouth.com/
                  http://www.spanishflytv.com/theater/...-miles-larose/

Comment

Capt. Scott Null writes for TEXAS SALTWATER FISHERMAN magazine .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Take it from experience, Captain Jeremy Chavez, Casting Tails. Next is Mark Richards. I say next… Just as good. They are both fun to be on the water with and off the water with. I will eat the boat if Jeremy can't put you on fish….
                      Fishwhisperer

Comment

X3 with Null, we fished with him last year and have this years trips on the books.

Comment

X4 for Scott Null. I have fished with him over there for the past two years, and am going back for 2 days with him again this winter. Not only is he a great guide and fisherman, he is a great person to know. He currently lives in Friendswood, and he pretty much single-handedly did the entire buildout for the new FTU store in Sugar Land.
                          Walker

Anegada, BVI (N18° 44.683' W64° 24.133')
                          and
                          Houston (Clear Lake City)

Comment

I went with Ben Paschal last year. We had phenomenal time. He guides out of Arroyo City most of the year and moves to Louisiana in the winter to fish for bull reds. www.lagunamadreoutfitter.com is his website. He is also an outstanding photographer as well.

Comment

Regardless of who you go with GO! If you get into the fish like I did it will be a trip you will remember for a long time.
                              Fishwhisperer

Comment

Working...
                              X