What tha ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tha ?

Out in front of the karankawa cove geotubes there is a large circular concrete structure covered with oyster shells. It is marked with a large post so it's not a huge danger. Does anybody know what the heck it is?

Old concrete well that's been there since way before I was born lol
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I will send a diver down Coe and see if its older then you .
      10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

there's actually two I need to mark the other one its barely visible at high tide if at all! careful!!!!!

Comment

The one closest to the cove N 29 13.480 W 094 57.763
          The one further out N 29 13.655 W 094 57.784

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Get away from my spot!

Comment

There is a 3rd spot like the two between Jamaica Beach and Pirates-the two between Jamaica Beach and Pirates are pretty obvious except on really high tide. There is a third spot that is about 15' off the Geotube-about the second individual geotube up (NE) from near George Sealy's house (cedar house on end of Jolly Roger). That spot is surrounded by oysters and is about 1' -1.5' deep at normal tide-you'd have to be darn close to the geotube to hit it. Ya better have a very shallow running boat or yak to get to that spot/obstruction. Also, near the end of the geotubes by Sealy's house used to be a warning sign about the geotubes-the sign is gone, but the 4x4" posts are still there and under water except at very low tide-was above water at normal tide, but pretty sure some folks have "shortened" them with their boats-MORAL OF THE STORY-don't run close to the geotubes-many debris and other obstructions are near them.
              "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the coordinates. My GPS is down at the beach house, but I'm assuming the two hazards between Jamaica Beach and Pirate's are the two rectangular structures that I was taught to call sunken duck blinds. The one right at the end of Jolly Roger 15' off the tubes is the one I was talking about, I was just curious if anyone knew what it was. I run my little scooter pretty close to the south shoreline for obvious reasons and I'm trying to mark as many hazards on my GPS as I can for running at night. I'll be glad to post the coordinates of all the ones I've got so far, and I think it would be cool if y'all could too. Thanks again.

Comment

Yep Saltandlime:

I was referring to that one close to Jolly Roger, but in the bay, just outside the geotubes. I got real close to it on a good high tide and it looked like a circle of oysters-maybe an old tractor tire or duck blind? It'd be kind of hard to hit unless "stupid" affected ya since it's about 5-10 feet from geotube and no one should ever run that close to those.

I don't have coords for it.
                  "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

thanks for the heads up
                    MANVEL MOB

Comment

I guess that means that folks that hit them can sue the Kelso heirs for lower unit damages!! Pretty GD stupid to make cement blinds (they did a helluva job since nice and square)-yeah I know, they were next to the shoreline back then.

Comment

I always thought they were old blinds since they were put just about right shooting distance apart and years ago was dang shallow near em and were well marked. Thanks Paul (ya know I'm just yoking about Kelsos and placement .

Comment

Are y'all talking the ones directly in front of Pirates channel?

Comment

Just curious why is bad to get close to geotubes just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by saltandlime View Post
                              Thanks for the coordinates. My GPS is down at the beach house, but I'm assuming the two hazards between Jamaica Beach and Pirate's are the two rectangular structures that I was taught to call sunken duck blinds. The one right at the end of Jolly Roger 15' off the tubes is the one I was talking about, I was just curious if anyone knew what it was. I run my little scooter pretty close to the south shoreline for obvious reasons and I'm trying to mark as many hazards on my GPS as I can for running at night. I'll be glad to post the coordinates of all the ones I've got so far, and I think it would be cool if y'all could too. Thanks again.

The one off Jolly Roger, that you've described is at N 29 12.331 W 094 58.973

Pimps coords, earlier post, are for the rectangular ones off Pirates, in Dalehite cove.

Capt. Bum, It's not bad to get close to the geo tubes. It's just that there are obstructions and debris in those areas, where extra cautio is needed. Also, try and preserve the grasses growing around and on them.
                              At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X