No announcement yet.

East Bay Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have done quite a bit of marking over the years. We have also learned that reflective tape or flourescent tape seems to work better than the ribbons. Ribbons just seem to dissappear sometimes! 12 foot lengths are definitly not too long. But we all want to have a clean bay, even if it is East Bay! JK.

Comment

Ladies and Gentlemen,
      I am pleased to announce that I just got off the phone with Jim Vrantis, owner of Stingaree Marina. He has been ever so kind to approve the useage of his marina as our official drop zone. It will be directly across from the boat launch at where the trailer park once stood.
      Needless to say, we will leave his place the way we found, or cleaner if you can.
      Now, the news I've been waiting to announce. The official weekend for the inaugural start of East Bay Restoration Project will be MARCH 21st & 22nd. Saturday & Sunday.
      Below is more information in regards to the services needed by our volunteers.
      We will be looking for:
      Boaters, of course,
      Individuals staged at Stingaree to assist boaters with removeing debris from their boats and loading up into trucks and trailers,
      Individuals with trucks and trailers, (if you know of someone that might own dump trucks or can donate one, let us know)
      If there is anything you can think of, please do not hesitate to contact me.
      Again, Thanks to everyone for participating in this project.

To: All interested in making a difference

Topic: East Bay Restoration
      When: March 21st & 22nd
      Time: Sun up – 4PM. BBQ at the end of Sunday.
      Goal: Debris Removal

Hello Fellow Anglers & Boaters,
      First of I want to Thank you dearly for assisting me with this “little” project. What we are about to embark upon will be a long and tedious task that will require allot of time to accomplish, if it can be accomplished at all. I know with the group of people dedicated to this project, we can at least make a difference. As I have mentioned before, I am not out to change the world, just East Bay for starters and with your help, we can make a difference.
      OUR MISSION:
      What we will be doing is idling around East Bay looking for debris. If you see debris floating and can be picked up, do so and put in your boat. Once you feel as though you have enough please take it to the drop zone where there will be volunteers waiting to remove those items from your boat.
      If there is debris floating and can not be picked up, tie off to it and tow it to the drop zone. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU TO TOW ANYTHING ACROSS THE ICW. There will be a drop zone for such items where there will be volunteers there as well to take the debris from you and stake down so it will not float off on the high tides.
      Once you come across an item that cannot be picked up or towed, mark the items with the PVC that has been donated by Wes, aka rat race.
      If you have the capabilities, you can enter the co-ords. in the GPS and once a month we will update the co-ords for all to share for their own safety.
      Below is the sign up sheet for your participation. It is not intended to hold your feet to the fire, but to merely to have a head count on how many and who has shown up so that at the end of the day we are 100% sure everybody has made it in safely. With going out the doing what we are about to do is not an easy task. It will require for us to risk doing damage to our boats or to injuring ourselves. But, by being careful and choosing items cautiously we can get through the many weekends ahead of us with zero incidents.
      If you are willing to participate, please sign it below along with a cell number and return to me. Also, please indicate if you would like to work on a shoreline or picking up debris. At the end of Sunday BBQ for all involved. Trey Kirby will donate sandwiches and chips from Lone Star Smokehouse in Montgomery, TX. I will be bringing some drinks but if anyone is willing to donate ice, drinks, & coolers please feel free to do so.
      Thank You for everyone’s time & consideration,
      Kyle Cunningham

Name:
      Cell #:
      Emergency Contact #:
      Service:

Comment

I'm in on the Saturday only.

Name: Greg Francis
        cell: 409-939-1684
        service: Will be there with boat

AQUA PIMP
        AQUA PIMP......
        "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

I could use a deckhand!!!!!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Thanks a bunch PIMP.
            We'll find a deck hand for you.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post

AQUA PIMP
              If I don't take mine, I'll go with you.
              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post

AQUA PIMP
                Man, I'd help you out because I forgot I took my boat down to Matagorda, but unfortunately I'm working nights that weekend. I miss all the good stuff!
                Don't be a Nancy!
                If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

So, am I hearing you're in 007?
                  If so, send me info
                  name, cell # , service?
                  Thanks guys

Comment

Sorry guys, I really wish I could help but I will be at work that weekend. Let me know if there is a round 2.

M.M.
                    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

I hurt my back the Friday before that on March 20th and cant attend; but, I'll send in $300 bucks to offset the cost of ice, beverages, cold beer etc..

And...I can tell you now that when Robalo sees this thread, he wont be able to donate some cash fast enough or at the very least, be Aqua Pimps deck hand or maybe even both. My bet it is both.

To whom and where do I send it?

jt

Comment

Maniac, there will be around two. Promise everyone that. Thanks for your support anyway.
                        JT, I sent you a PM.
                        My phone number included.
                        Guys, I really want to say thanks for everyones effort.
                        Jim Vratis, owner of Stingaree, is very excited about this as well.
                        Maybe we can come together to help him wth any of his needs. I will stay in contact with Jim from now on.
                        Last edited by KylesKenner2; February 10, 2009, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Also, I am planning on running the reds this weekend, depending on the wind. After that I am going to make a run over to East Bay and take a look around and maybe a few pics to see just what we're up against.
                          If anyone is interested, we can make a half day of fishing and a half day of recon in East Bay.
                          If interested, PM me and we'll make plans on a meeting place. I live in Katy but run out of Thompsons and Bayland.

Comment

Beach Bum Bailey, Myself, Unclehandy & possibly Blackbeard & Redfish Rob will be there.
                            We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                              Beach Bum Bailey, Myself, Unclehandy & possibly Blackbeard & Redfish Rob will be there.
                              I'll have room on my boat if one of ya'll want to jump on with me.
                              I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

I'd offer a hand and a boat as well, but I've got quite the cleanup effort going myself. I think I'm going to have to be selfish until around next year this time at the earliest. Kudos to y'all for jumping in on this effort and to KylesKenner2 for being the ramrod. It's a noble cause for sure.
                                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                                X