Two Big Fish!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Big Fish!

Fished thursday w/ Rodspanker around the pass. Caught alot of different fish but couldnt find anything in the keeper range. Tide was wayyyy out all day and didnt start coming in untill 3pm. Highlight of the day was this 40" red I caught on my super light action top water All-Star. Rodspanker pulled the anchor so the fish could pull us around before she was finally netted. We got some quick pics before releasing her back.

Later that night around 9 we went to try for some trout under the lights at the brazos. We both caught a bunch of sandies but no specks. Then out of Nowhere I hooked this Giant Big Ugly. Thought I was hung on bottom untill I felt the head shake. Cant believe this fish didnt get off or straighten out the hook on my small 1/8th oz trout rig! Released after a few pics and called it a night!

Sure was nice to get back out there!
    Attached Files
    "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

wow! those are some big ones
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by RockFish11 View Post
      Fished thursday w/ Rodspanker around the pass. Caught alot of different fish but couldnt find anything in the keeper range. Tide was wayyyy out all day and didnt start coming in untill 3pm. Highlight of the day was this 40" red I caught on my super light action top water All-Star. Rodspanker pulled the anchor so the fish could pull us around before she was finally netted. We got some quick pics before releasing her back.

Later that night around 9 we went to try for some trout under the lights at the brazos. We both caught a bunch of sandies but no specks. Then out of Nowhere I hooked this Giant Big Ugly. Thought I was hung on bottom untill I felt the head shake. Cant believe this fish didnt get off or straighten out the hook on my small 1/8th oz trout rig! Released after a few pics and called it a night!

Sure was nice to get back out there!

You pulled anchor so the red, that was already tired from being fought on light tackle, could pull you guys and the boat around?? Really?

Comment

Not exactly a Nantucket Sleigh Ride but it sure sounds like fun. Great looking fish! Way to go!
        Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance.

Comment

Originally posted by TastyBurp View Post
          You pulled anchor so the red, that was already tired from being fought on light tackle, could pull you guys and the boat around?? Really?
          Somthing like that. With the anchor up and the current pushing us to the fish it made the fight last much shorter. Would have been a nightmare to reel her in against the current with the boat anchored.
          "The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword"

Comment

Nice job!
            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Way to go and good move on not trying to battle that red back to you against the current, way too much water movement down there.
              http://www.theshallowist.com

Comment

Looks like I missed you by a coupla hours again.
                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

That is a monster red. Ton of fun!
                  sigpic
                  Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

dang nice fish

Comment

Working...
                    X