11-20-2010 chocolate bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good report and pics
    the fishing was good,it was the catching that was bad.

Comment

Awesome report, and way to hang on Curmudgeon, Once u start looking for a ride there is some better, like a big game from Ocean Kayak or Wildersness ride. Glad u had an awesome time... Plugger way to show a new kayyaker and put him on some fish!

Comment

hey plugger me and sand tarpon seen you guys out there. we were the ones on the 22 foot gulf coast im glad someone found the flounders, all we could find were reds and trouts. great report

Comment

excellent report Plugger
          Captain Glenn Stevens
          Coastal Guide Service
          www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

great report .... and good fihsing you two !!!
            FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Comment

Nice report Plugger

Comment

Nice going guys! Great report as usual.
                Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Originally posted by rickg View Post
                  hey plugger me and sand tarpon seen you guys out there. we were the ones on the 22 foot gulf coast im glad someone found the flounders, all we could find were reds and trouts. great report
                  You two were on the opposite bank near the green channel marker ? I'll look for a report from you..but , how many reds and trout did you get ?
                  GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Good job. Nice little photo essay there. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                      new to the site , curmudgeon , asked me to go kayak fishing with him . He had never fished saltwater much and never been in a kayak before , and , he wanted someone " experienced " to go with him . I told him i was your man . Only later did i realize he was referring to kayaking and catching fish . Boy , was i embarressed . He had borrowed an old heritage yak . He needed a shoe horn to slip into it , and , once in he was stuck and couldn't reach any of his hatches or bags behind him . His hatches were awash and he was dangerously close to the waterline . He wanted to fish chocolate bay . I never fished the upper bay near the 2004 ramp where we launched , but , with some solicited advice from muddskipper ( thank you !! ) we met there at 6 am friday . The day was partly cloudy , the wind was calm early , sse , se , e , ese 5-13 mph , bay water around 65 degrees , water visibility about 9 inches , outgoing tide in the morning and incoming started early afternoon at a good clip , air was 62 degrees early , warming to 71 degrees . [ATTACH=CONFIG]10617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10618[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10615[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10620[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10619[/ATTACH]
                      here you go .
                      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

That was fun to retread . I'd forgotten a lot of that . Pictures with a report brings it to life .

Comment

Very nice
                          Mirrolure Pro Staff

Comment

Yeah, If I'd known that my kayak rode so low in the water I wouldn't have gone!
                            "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Har ! Do you have a real anchor yet or just upgrated to a 10 pound dumbell ? We'll have to go again . I'd like to check your gear .

Comment

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                                Har ! Do you have a real anchor yet or just upgrated to a 10 pound dumbell ? We'll have to go again . I'd like to check your gear .
                                I was new to kayaking as I was to fishing back then. That was a borrowed yak with no gear so I had to improvise. I have since corrected that by spending way too much of my money on kayaks, anchors, paddles, rudders, rods, reels, etc. A Bruce claw was one of the first items I bought. I'd be happy to head out with you and my cat again!
                                "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Working...
                                X