Coach's Famous Trout Debris

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach's Famous Trout Debris

Yes, debris. Pronounced De Bree. You know how trout fillets fall apart if you're not too careful with them? Well here's a recipe where you don't have to worry about it. In fact, you turn them into debris.

I never measure anything, and most of my meals are one pan only. I'm a bachelor so I gotta keep the dishes to a minimum.

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
    Grapeseed oil preferable, but olive oil will do
    Shrimp, peeled and ready
    Trout fillets, but any fish will do. Back home I even made it with mullet.
    Bell pepper diced
    Onion diced
    Tony Chachere's
    Minced garlic
    Herbs de Provence (Optional or use your favorite herbs)
    Fresh lemon for juice

Rub the fillets with Tony's and some minced garlic
    Chop your veggies and peel your shrimp.
    Get the skillet hot and put in some oil.
    Pan sear your trout fillets. Don't worry if they fall apart. Get them almost as cooked as you want them, then take them out and set them aside.

A little more oil and throw in the bell pepper. Dash some Tony's in. Get it sweating good, then throw in the onions. Now dash some more Tony's and toss in the herbs. When you've got them carmelizing toss in some garlic and the shrimp.

When the shrimp is almost done, throw the trout back in and fold it all together. Let that trout soak up all the juices. Don't be afraid to mash it all up.

Serve over rice or pasta or just by itself. To finish it off at serving, add some fresh parsley and drizzle some lemon juice on.

It's fast, easy and I've personally found it impresses women.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Sounds like a winner. Will try it out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
      Yes, debris. Pronounced De Bree. You know how trout fillets fall apart if you're not too careful with them? Well here's a recipe where you don't have to worry about it. In fact, you turn them into debris.

I never measure anything, and most of my meals are one pan only. I'm a bachelor so I gotta keep the dishes to a minimum.

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
      Shrimp, peeled and ready
      Bell pepper diced
      Onion diced
      Tony Chachere's
      Minced garlic
      Fresh lemon for juice

Pan sear your trout fillets. Don't worry if they fall apart. Get them almost as cooked as you want them, then take them out and set them aside.

A little more oil and throw in the bell pepper. Dash some Tony's in. Get it sweating good, then throw in the onions. Now dash some more Tony's and toss in the herbs. When you've got them carmelizing toss in some garlic and the shrimp.

When the shrimp is almost done, throw the trout back in and fold it all together. Let that trout soak up all the juices. Don't be afraid to mash it all up.

Serve over rice or pasta or just by itself. To finish it off at serving, add some fresh parsley and drizzle some lemon juice on.

or 007...not much of a difference I guess!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Haven't cooked this at the camp since he started coming out there. Weirdo doesn't eat fish!
        From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
          Shrimp, peeled and ready
          Bell pepper diced
          Onion diced
          Tony Chachere's
          Minced garlic
          Fresh lemon for juice

gonna have to try that sounds great
          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Haven't cooked this at the camp since he started coming out there. Weirdo doesn't eat fish!
            thats his problem!
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

I don't trust anyone who's in it just for the pull

Comment

Sound like one I'll have to give a try.......Thanks Sandy!
                Pro Staff - Bounty Hunter Turbo Buzz, Creme Lures, New Pro Products, & K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon

Comment

Bringing back an old tread. Just made this recipe and topped it with a white wine sauce. My wife was very impressed. I'll be keeping this one.

Comment

Originally posted by scanoefisher View Post
                    Bringing back an old tread. Just made this recipe and topped it with a white wine sauce. My wife was very impressed. I'll be keeping this one.
                    Have to try it but without the Bell Peppers...., they seem to create a little stomach bomb for me[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone

Comment

Originally posted by S-troop View Post
                      Have to try it but without the Bell Peppers...., they seem to create a little stomach bomb for me[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone
                      Bingo!
                      "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Good eats
                        MANVEL MOB

Comment

Had no idea this would come back up. But I have added a new twist. A few weeks ago, Dad asked how us kids felt about him trying to meet someone new. Mom passed in February and he's never been alone this long in his life. So he met a really nice lady a few weeks ago, and on his birthday last week, he invited her over and I cheffed the supper. I did the same recipe, but I did it with cilantro and lime instead of parsley and lemon. Well, it's better than the original version. And yes, white wine in it is an improvement as well.

Comment

Ooh yeah , a white wine sauce would be additional moisture and flavor . Thanks Sandy !
                            GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Here is the recipe for the sauce I made:
                              Cooking spray
                              1/3 cup finely chopped onion
                              1/2 cup fat free, less-sodium chicken broth
                              1/4 cup dry white wine
                              2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
                              2 tablespoons butter
                              galric powder

Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add finely chopped onion to pan, saute 2 minutes, stirring frequently. stir in chicken broth, white wine, and white wine vinegar, bring to a boil. cook unitl reduced to 1/4 cup (about 5 minutes). remove from heat, stir in butter and garlic powder.

Strain over fish and shrimp dish

Comment

Working...
                              X