1-4-2014 yates bayou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-4-2014 yates bayou

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27725[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27726[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27727[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27728[/ATTACH]

saturday , walkinwader ( tim ) and i launched at stingaree marina east bay . South wind 10-15 mph , sunny , then cloudy late afternoon . Water was sandy color with one foot visibility . Outgoing tide .

Watch out tim !
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

CONTINUED

We fished the shoreline to yates . On the way i saw a lone gull sitting on the water 75 yards out and made my way to him to set up a drift to him . 50 yards from him i had a slick pop up 10 yards in front of me and i made an ackward cast in front of the kayak as by then i was right on top of the fish . I drifted past and circled back around and anchored , fan casted with no results . I drifted to the area where the gull had been casting but no bites .
    Attached Files
    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

CONTINUED

We fished the near point , cove , deep channel , and lake . In the shallow lake i saw terns diving and tim went to investigate . Half way there an air boat ferrying hunters steamrolled right over that area . I hate the loud machines . Lunch time tim broke out his bailey's and coffee , sandwiches .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27733[/ATTACH]

Comment

CONTINUED

We fished out of yates and fished the stingaree cut and i went far to the opposite side shoreline very shallow . I would see an occasional short flip of bait and fish the area . No bites , just pictures of birds and shoreline .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27734[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27735[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27736[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27737[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27738[/ATTACH]

Comment

END

We limped back to the trucks skunked after our all day paddling exercise and casting practice .

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27739[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27740[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27741[/ATTACH]

Comment

At least you're out there pluggin', Henry! Great pix and story as always.
            Captain, Galveston County Blue Team Fish Killers
            "Fishing Guide"-A person who contributes to the delinquency of a liar.

Comment

CAN'T CATCH 'EM FROM THE COUCH , JOHN . THANKS !

Comment

cruisin...

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

Comment

Tryin.

Comment

And the bird...

Comment

Fun trip as always....even though no fish.

Comment

Nice try, fellows. Mama said there'll be days like this. No wasted days on the water.

Comment

Always something to learn....

Comment

Sounds about like my day, i waded south shorline today and only caught one keeper trout and one keeper flounder, missed a couple good hits..needed some sun bad, bait was there but i think the water temp was too low still to make em active....its all good though headed to baffin sunday for some pig trout.
                            Your a daisy if ya do

Comment

Nice pics Henry. The Bayou looks fishy, too bad they weren't biting.
                              Garrett...Knock em dead Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                              X