No announcement yet.

house cut across west bay from jamaica beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coe, We were drifting the Greens cut area saturday evening and pretty sure I saw you come through Greens. looked like you had a crap trap or two with you.
    fish caller

Comment

Originally posted by HEEEREFISHYFISHY View Post
      Coe, We were drifting the Greens cut area saturday evening and pretty sure I saw you come through Greens. looked like you had a crap trap or two with you.
      I do not resemble a crab trap, despite what you and my wife say.

Coe, Coe's duck boat and me (and one crab trap) went through Green's cut about 4:30-5:00 ish on Saturday.
      At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

My Bad. I wish we would have left when we saw yall, Took us 4 hours to get back to 2004 when the fog rolled in. Didn't help with all the barges parked in the Icw and to top it off all my electronics quit right before we got to alligator point..It's amazing how many circles you go in when it's DARK and FOGGY!
        fish caller

Comment

The fog had just rolled into Pirates as we arrived there after crossing the Bay.
          Spooky ain't it, when things appear out of the soup.

Glad you made it back safe.
          At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

I have tried many times to get through there but I can never make it. Is there some sort of technique in getting through?
            "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

Honestly, just go to greens. When you miss the cut you are messing up grass. Not a good place to "braille" your way through.

Comment

Originally posted by Tidalguide View Post
                Honestly, just go to greens. When you miss the cut you are messing up grass. Not a good place to "braille" your way through.
                x2.

Those winter days you have to be right on & running a VERY shallow boat. Summer the cut is much more forgiving but still shallow in areas. There's a reef and sand bar to deal with also grass on both sides.
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by Galveston340
                  ...not really "Seafox". you need to hit it straight on as the pic that "Walker" took a few months ago. With the bull tides we have had lately you shouldn't have any issues making the cut.

What's your draft if I might ask??

Are you trying to make the cut from the outside or coming through the ICW?

My SeaFox drafts 1 1/2' if I'm on plane, it goes down to 3' if I'm taking it slow. I usually try to cross it from the ICW.
                  "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

Comment

I ran through there there other month going quickly. I've made the pass before going slow and fast, but it was a little higher tide at the time. This time didn't fare to well. Ended up pushing to get out as the tide was low. However I saw someone hug the left bank from west bay in a bigger boat and make it. Might be a small cut towards the bank.

Comment

There used to be a camp directly across from the cut. Dnt know if you can still see the pilings or not, but they do line up with the cut. It does run straight, haven't done it in a long time. look at Google earth and it'll show pretty good. It does not run 90degrees from the bank. There usedto be stakes or PVC pipes to mark it. Used to be part of the camp on the west side...

Comment

Alright. Well I'll pay close attention to those marking next time I'm out. Recently I've discovered the cut by Cow island. Took it slow and it turned out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X