Today, I tried to update my email address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today, I tried to update my email address

I followed the instructions. I then received an email telling me how to do it.

After filling in the blanks with my new email address and confirming it......I received the following error message.

java.lang.Exception: Update Failed

After that response (and another try) I tried to fully unsubscribe. That brought the exact same response again

java.lang.Exception: Update Failed

????

Did you do this through the forum via this link? https://fishwestend.com/forum/profil...o=editpassword

Or did you try on our homepage & thus the error message?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

I tried to update it originally using the ...Update Your Profile... on the bottom of the announcement about the next Tournament, that I received today. When I clicked on that, it said that the system was sending me a message on how to update the info.

I then received, at my old email address, the following message. (see below) I clicked on it and that led me to the page that had the update info, but gave me the error message. The response message is copied below
      Update your profile
      Valued Subscriber,
      For your security, please use the following link to change your interest categories and/or personal profile information:If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.
      Sincerely,

Coe ParkerFishWestEnd, LLC
      FishWestEnd, LLC
      Update your profile
      Valued Subscriber,
      For your security, please use the following link to change your interest categories and/or personal profile information:If you have any questions or comments, feel free to contact us.
      Sincerely,

Coe ParkerFishWestEnd, LLC

Comment

The link you provide is to constant contact not FishWestEnd.

Comment

May well be, but it is the only LINK that was provided to me by Fish West End. I just clicked on the LINK that was in the message.

Sounds like whoever does the programming has to change the Constant Contact LINK to the Fish West End LINK. I can't be the only one who is being steered to Constant Contact.

Comment

Originally posted by richg99 View Post
            May well be, but it is the only LINK that was provided to me by Fish West End. I just clicked on the LINK that was in the message.

Sounds like whoever does the programming has to change the Constant Contact LINK to the Fish West End LINK. I can't be the only one who is being steered to Constant Contact.
            You clicked the link in our newsletter which is completely different than our website. If you need to update your email address here use this link:

https://fishwestend.com/forum/profil...o=editpassword

Comment

Thanks, I didn't realize that there were two completely separate entities. I unsubscribed the newsletter today. I'll get what I need from this site. regards, richg99

Comment

Working...
              X