Cutting the Cord.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT View Post
    at slp I have 5 TV's and they all have a direct tv box with some kind of package im sure im getting forked on. 3 of the tvs rarely get turned on and when they do, I have to call the 800 number to get a signal zapped to it for non use.

The only thing I ever watch is Pawn Stars and American Picker( I think all on History Ch) and ESPN when its not football season. They keep jacking my bill up it seems every quarter. I could've bought a new truck if I never knew about Directv 10 years ago.

id love to toss those boxes in the bay if I could get those stations another way.
    You can watch them on the History Channel website. If you've got internet access, get a media player at Frys for $90 and connect to the TV. They have a Roku 3 on sale now.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, “I pity the fish downstream.” - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas

Comment

Originally posted by coachlaw View Post
      Seriously Gillie, how much is your hotspot thingy per month? Don't say it's free. How much is your plan and what do you get? If there's something better for a good price, I'll do it . . . . as long as they don't make me use a smartphone.

Get a smart phone with T-Mobile. I have unlimited data plan. I use my phone as a portable hot spot. I pay $130 a month for 3 phones and all three have unlimited talk/text/data. The hot spot cost nothing extra. At&t, Verizon, sprint will all charge you for portable hot spot.

Comment

But then you have to have a smart phone right !
        10x spelling bee champ ...... For a full report go to DEANOKNOWS.COM

Comment

Eh, I'll stay with what I've got. Don't need videos. 'Twas a thought though. No smartphone needed or wanted here. Just a phone . . . a TELEPHONE, to call people and receive calls from them. No telegraph.
          From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Eh, I'll stay with what I've got. Don't need videos. 'Twas a thought though. No smartphone needed or wanted here. Just a phone . . . a TELEPHONE, to call people and receive calls from them. No telegraph.
            42 yr old antique. Lol
            MANVEL MOB

Comment

If you get a new phone then your phone is your hot spot !

Comment

Originally posted by lurefisher View Post
                If you get a new phone then your phone is your hot spot !
                You didn't! !
                MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by dbarham View Post
                  You didn't! !
                  Equals Internet !

Comment

Gee. I never saw that coming..
                    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

Originally posted by Curmudgeon View Post
                      Gee. I never saw that coming..

you'd think coach was 90 years old or something. geez, get with the times.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbert View Post
                        you'd think coach was 90 years old or something. geez, get with the times.
                        I think you spotted him a few years. I can picture him in a cave chipping out stone tools and drawing mud paintings on the wall.
                        Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Would make life much easier at the camp!
                          MANVEL MOB

Comment

Originally posted by Ibtsoom View Post
                            I think you spotted him a few years. I can picture him in a cave chipping out stone tools and drawing mud paintings on the wall.
                            Don't forget the bike coaches shorts , 2 sizes small [emoji2]

Comment

Sandy is staying off the grid , flying under the radar . Homeland Security won't find him to put him in a FEMA camp .
                              GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Man, I'm completely hip with the times. The times of about 10 years ago. Things move so fast with tech now that I gave up. As soon as you learn something and get used to it, it's out-dated. If I don't need it, then I don't need to waste my time learning it or paying for it. It's all a waste of time anyway. All the garbage does is crash and lose everything you put on it. If I'm going to look at the interweb, I need a full screen and keyboard. Can't have that on one of those silly phones. I'd rather spend money and time actually doing stuff. Whatever that makes me, I'm comfortable with it. I'll take baby steps from time to time if things are proven to work with no issues and they make sense, like this aircard I use. I still remember the very first post VJER and I made from the camp. I guess that was about 6 years ago now. So I suppose I'm around the cutting edge 6 years ago. But I'm still using the tape deck in my truck, and I like it because my high school mix tapes rock.
                                From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Comment

Working...
                                X