Game warden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game warden

He was out and about saturday.Checking PFD and ice chests. He was in The cut.Then we talked to him way up Caney later.Good to see.

Ifin you had a hippie on board, he wouldn't have thought twice about it.
    I work just enough to pay for my fishing habit.

Comment

My son has a gotee and his hair is to his waist.Think thats hippie enough.Thats whats funny he left his wallet at the house.They didn't ask for fishing license.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post
        My son has a gotee and his hair is to his waist.Think thats hippie enough.Thats whats funny he left his wallet at the house.They didn't ask for fishing license.
        In my 25 years or so having an adult fishing liscense....I've never been asked to show it.

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
          Ifin you had a hippie on board, he wouldn't have thought twice about it.
          hey i resemble that remark!
          I LIVE IN A SMALL COMMUNITY WITH A LARGE PROBLEM AND A PROBLEM.

Comment

I have only been fishing in Salt 2 1/2 years and have been stopped 4 times and asked for my boaters reg and lic every time!
            I am glad to see they are out and protecting what we treasure......Our lives, kids lives and the future of fishing.
            sigpic
            Everything God does is right, the trademark on all his work is Love. Psalm 145:17

Comment

Five years ago I was ever asked to show my fishing license while fishing Indian Point pier in Portland. And last September I was fishing with a friend at Chocolate and he was pulled over on the water. Wonder why there isn't much enforcement ....

Comment

Originally posted by stingray View Post
                Five years ago I was ever asked to show my fishing license while fishing Indian Point pier in Portland. And last September I was fishing with a friend at Chocolate and he was pulled over on the water. Wonder why there isn't much enforcement ....
                The GW's don't target "people" that fish off of docks!!! They target the majority of the boating public that actually have money!!! Mr. Garcia or whatever his name was for that day will get to walk. They only target people that will pay the fine!!

ie...people that own boats legally.....just sayin'..
                Last edited by 007; April 26, 2010, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzy View Post

what I have been told is if they don't actually see you fishing or have fish on the bote, they can't give you a ticket for fishing with out a license so they don't ask for it. Good to see them working over there though.

Comment

My neighbor told me he saw one on West Bay a few weeks ago. I have not seen one to date, which is going on 2 years fishing here.
                    LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by Explorer21 View Post
                      My neighbor told me he saw one on West Bay a few weeks ago. I have not seen one to date, which is going on 2 years fishing here.
                      If you venture into the pass in the summer time, expect to see a few every weekend. We even have a resident GW here on FWE...I'm not gonna name names though..
                      Last edited by 007; April 27, 2010, 09:44 AM.

Comment

I welcome them, believe me.
                        LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post
                          The GW's don't target "people" that fish off of docks!!! They target the majority of the boating public that actually have money!!! Mr. Garcia or whatever his name was for that day will get to walk. They only target people that will pay the fine!!

ie...people that own boats legally.....just sayin'..
                          I think you may be right about that, I'm afraid. I've seen lots of bank fishermen , often recently original from another country with all kinds of fish of all sizes. I never hear of them being busted, but maybe that news doesn't get around.
                          GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

I agree, I see it all the time beach front. I even saw a guy take a 40" red home, WTF?

Originally posted by plugger View Post
                            I think you may be right about that, I'm afraid. I've seen lots of bank fishermen , often recently original from another country with all kinds of fish of all sizes. I never hear of them being busted, but maybe that news doesn't get around.
                            LIVIN THE SALT LIFE

Comment

Everyone has a job to do and I would like to think the GW is fair about and unbias when out enforcing the Texas fishing & boating laws... I have never had a bad experiance with them as long as you are following the law your OK... And a little respect when dealing with them will go a long way...
                              We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
                              X