Spi 5/11 - 5/13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spi 5/11 - 5/13

My dad and I fished the Lower Laguna this past weekend and we hammered em pretty good with limits every day. Caught tons of trout on topwaters and worms, and a few redfish on spoons in ankle deep water. The weather was great and we actually got a break from the typical 20+ mph winds down there. Most fish were caught wading different areas but we caught some drifting as well.

We will give the trout no mercy and will be back down there this Thursday to hopefully kill em again.
    Attached Files

Excellent photos and one heck of a nice stringer!
    I gotta go fishing down there some day.
    "Curmudgeon only pawn in game of life."

Comment

killer. its going to be packed down there this weekend with the Shallow sport tourny going on. We pushed our trip back a couple weeks because of it.

Comment

Used to fish down there a lot...where were you?
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah its going to be crowded for sure with the SS tourney and also the Griffon tourney out of Mansfield. But they have designated start times so I'll just get up early and be nuts deep before they can even leave the dock. lol. Im going to go check out the SS tourney weigh in on Saturday I'm always down there every year but never went and checked it out and its 1 mile from where I stay.

Originally posted by Baby Tran Cat View Post
          Used to fish down there a lot...where were you?
          Fished many spots from the Cullen house to the causeway. Shorelines, spoils, drifting/trolling throwing to sand pockets ect ect.

Comment

Nice fish.You can't beat those conditions,especially down there.That water looks perfect for a clown spook.
            TDFT Certified Weighmaster

Comment

Nice pics and stringer. I need to make a run down there someday as well.
              KEEP IT WET..

Comment

One of my favorite places to fish. Worlds apart from Galveston.
                "If our father had his say, nobody who did not know how to catch a fish would be allowed to disgrace a fish by catching him." Norman Maclean, from A River Runs Through It

Comment

First pic is awesome ! Thanks for the report.
                  "Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after" ~ Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                  X