Bolivar flounder hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bolivar flounder hole

met up a friend yesterday and hit the flounder at frenchtown rd.was slow with the full moon and a strong outgoing tide.caught one around 9:30 but was only 10 inches long.when the tide went slack and the incoming started the bite was on.this was around 1:30.I had to leave before that but got a call from my friend and he said him and the other 6 or 7 folks there got limits within an hour and a half.like i said nothing fast and furious but the fish were between 17 and 19 inches.live finger mullet for bait.went over there a couple weeks ago with moonpie and we caught 3 flounder.i threw back and one that was 14 1/4 that i threw back because it was too close.i kept a 17 1/2 one.moonpie had a keeper speck and sand trout and a throw back flounder
    Beer,its not just for breakfast

Thanks for the report NK.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Thanks for the report !
      GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

not worth the drive for 2 flounder

Comment

Nice report!
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

thanks... any body fishing plastics??
            Captain Glenn Stevens
            Coastal Guide Service
            www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

there were a couple guys fishing plastics and 1 guy using a flounder pounder.i have caught trout abd reds in the same hole over there.the bite was off because of the high tides i guess.you never know till you go
              Beer,its not just for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by FP10 View Post
                not worth the drive for 2 flounder
                Any time your catching fish no matter the distance traveled your having a good time!
                We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Originally posted by WestEndAngler View Post
                  Any time your catching fish no matter the distance traveled your having a good time!
                  True but I can drive 5 minutes to get 2 flounder. I will drive an hour or so for a nice stringer of trout or reds, but there is no way in heck that I am going to make a trip specifically for flounder. I don't even know if I would drive all the way to galveston for only 5 anymore.

Comment

Working...
                  X