Slam in East Matty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slam in East Matty

Skipped school and went to Matagorda today. Cleared the OGC at around 8:30 AM to pristine conditions. Green water, bait all over, hardly any wind, the perfect day. There were pods of birds that I assumed were sitting on schools of fish, waiting for the fish to start feeding. We waited around for two hours and drifted a few reefs and couldn't get anything! The birds just never started. Got a call from my dad's cousins and they had limited on trout by 9:00 in the diversion (and it was 5 guys)! Ran over there as fast as we could and fished there the rest of the day. We did not get the action they did because the tide kinda slackened, but we caught lots and lots of dink trout and rat reds. Ended up with a 21 inch red, 17 inch trout, and nice flounder just under 20 inches...the TX Slam. All fish were caught on pumpkinseed SA. Not a lot to show for how hard we fished but at least it was something. It was a beautiful day on the water and just pleasant to be outside fishing.
    XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Niceeee!

Comment

Thanks for the report. Talked with Jesse Arsola yesterday and they said the bird action has been pretty good lately, with a few 23"ers being caught.
      I'm just ready for that sweet Winter bite to start down there....Corky Fatboy and and East Maty were meant for each other!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by FlatoutFishin View Post
        Thanks for the report. Talked with Jesse Arsola yesterday and they said the bird action has been pretty good lately, with a few 23"ers being caught.
        I'm just ready for that sweet Winter bite to start down there....Corky Fatboy and and East Maty were meant for each other!
        My dad's cousins we met out there had been fishing there all week. They had been catching a few fish in the bay but they said that birds did not start working until the late afternoon/evening hours (at least where they were fishing). Thats the only reason we went all the way down there in the first place was for the birds, but it just wasn't on in East Bay. If we don't get any rain form this strong front coming down I bet trout will be stacked up in the river in a few days.
        XA

GOD BLESS AND GIG'EM!

I hope I catch a 10 lb trout before I catch a flesh eating bacteria.

Comment

Nice job and report Xtremeangler. Congrats on the slam!

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

Working...
          X