New route to SLP is skinny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New route to SLP is skinny

After 3 years navigating the same course from westbay to SLP bridge, the channel has moved. Saw several boats kicking up mud roosters this weekend , including mine.
    Pvc poles mark a new course, but i still found it very shallow in spots. Anyone have any tips or advice i would appreciate it!

I've been running it a lot recently and haven't had any trouble at all. My only problem was getting past the fleet of boats fishing around the entrance of the channel
    You never know what the tide might bring

Comment

I hate running through there. Seems like it changes from one time to the next.
      Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Definitly alot of boats fishing that vicinity, even in muddy water.

Comment

I found the new route deeper. maybe you were "off course" a little. I believe I showed 3.1 and 3.2 at shallowest spot, but it was a high tide. Only issue I had was a boat parked on eastern portion when heading back into west bay. FOLKS: Please don't park in channels and fish-I will wake the helloutta you and not even be sorry for it.
          "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

Only issue I had was a boat parked on eastern portion when heading back into west bay. FOLKS: Please don't park in channels and fish-I will wake the helloutta you and not even be sorry for it.
            X2 amen

Comment

I think i needed to stay tight to the poles, it was a low tide and i swung a little west since the gps still has the old route. Will try it again when the wind lays offshore. Fishing for tarpon, it's been a sharkathon no doubt.

Comment

Yea the sharks are thick out there. Caught around 2 dozen last Friday out there. We were fishing for them though. Really fun too. Hooked into a stray kingfish too but couldn't land it.

Comment

That gut is deep as hell.... The only problem are the dumbarses
                  that come over the top of the bar cuz they are not sure where it starts saw a big contender
                  Get stuck for about an hour on his way offshore Saturday
                  its real wide and a straight shot in... Remember
                  this is a natural gut ... Not a channel. So try using a little common sense
                  Captain Glenn Stevens
                  Coastal Guide Service
                  www.Fishcoastal.com

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                    that gut is deep as hell.... The only problem are the dumbarses
                    that come over the top of the bar cuz they are not sure where it starts saw a big contender
                    get stuck for about an hour on his way offshore saturday

thank you for the tip .
                    GEORGE A. BRANARD, COLOR SERGEANT, CO. L, 1 ST TEXAS INFANTRY, HOOD'S TEXAS BRIGADE, C.S.A. : S.C.V.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhaler 22 View Post
                      That gut is deep as hell.... The only problem are the dumbarses
                      Get stuck for about an hour on his way offshore Saturday
                      Glenn:

Common sense-WTH IS DAT? Most folks can't even spell it, much less have some!!!! Like the guy parked in the gut two weeks ago. BMUN STUN ("NUMB NUTS" backwards).
                      "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

Comment

This goes for yakkers too...don't park your *** in the middle and expect me to shutdown when I have to go around you! That middle finger works both ways!
                        Don't be a Nancy!
                        If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

haha! we have waked the hell out of guys parked in the middle of the SLP gut, and I never feel bad about it.... My lower units>your dumbass fishing spot

Comment

I'm about to navigate west bay to SLP and im worried about this GUT. Are there PVC poles that mark it?

Comment

With a sunny day tomorrow and clear water, you should be able to see the guts and bars, go slow at first.

Comment

Working...
                              X