Saturday Duck Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday Duck Hunt

Hunted Saturday am and pm. Lots of folks out there and lots of birds but they will not commit. Had several groups circle, look, and then leave. Had a smaller spread as I saw everyone else with these large ones for figured I'd go small. Not much help. One redhead and one wigeon.

I did see three mallards and I have yet to see them in lower west bay before then. Two drakes and a hen. They also took a look but moved on. Plenty of sky blasters out there and maybe I should turn into one as birds are extremely cautious now.

Any hints on spreads this late in the year. The guys with the larger ones and mojo's got shots but maybe they were all high ups like mine...

Saturday evening sunset pic...

Click image for larger version

Name:	sunset.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	577349
    sigpic

I'd have no mojos and probably 100 birds in my spread this time of year, especially on the bay.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Thanks Coe
      sigpic

Comment

I usually use around six dozen. Put the divers on one side and the puddles on the other. Leave a big hole in the middle then adjust where I set up according to how the birds are working. Haven't been this year yet. If I don't get to go this year, it will be the first year I haven't hunted ducks in at least 27 years maybe more.

Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rdb View Post
          I usually use around six dozen. Put the divers on one side and the puddles on the other. Leave a big hole in the middle then adjust where I set up according to how the birds are working. Haven't been this year yet. If I don't get to go this year, it will be the first year I haven't hunted ducks in at least 27 years maybe more.

Good luck.
          We can’t have that!
          We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
          X