East Matagorda

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• East Matagorda

Hit East Matty hard this morning with a very tough bite. Wind had the mid bay muddied up real good which took away my chances of catching any mid bay reef Trout. Stuck mainly to the south shoreline where the water was clear as it usually is un der a strong southerly wind. We hit 4 or 5 areas but just couldn't pattern anything together. Did not see a whole lot a bait on the south side. Birds were working out further but I'm not too much of a chasing the birds person. I'm sure we may could have caught a few Trout there, but not sure of the size to report anything. I threw pretty much everything on the south shoreline from tops to plastics to Corkys with only 1 16' Trout to show for my efforts. I did see some Reds up in the bayou drains but couldn't get them to eat. once this front moves through tomorrow I think it will turn back around pretty quick. I guess I should have stuck to West Galvez Bay LOL.

AQUA PIMP
    AQUA PIMP......
    "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Aqua Pimp,
    Well I feel a little better now. It's kind of funny really. Check out the report I just made about West Bay S. Shore coves!
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I hunted with Jesse Arsola today on his duck lease and he say's he's been on em pretty good inEast Maty. Yesterday morning he had 3 at around 25" all on corky fatboys(solid pearl). Was thinking about heading that way tomorrow, but was so tired from today I thought about staying local(West Bay), then I saw Kenny's report, so I guess it's Trinity Bay one more time.

What a difference a day can make!
      Don't be a Nancy!
      If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Comment

Originally posted by aqua pimp View Post
        I threw pretty much everything on the south shoreline from tops to plastics to Corkys with only 1 16' Trout to show for my efforts.
        AQUA PIMP
        You caught a 16 foot trout!!!

Just giving you a hard time AP. Sorry for the slow day. Thanks for the report.
        "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor that the protected will never know."

Semper Fi!

Comment

No really!!!!!! It was 16' its on the way to the taxidermy right now

AQUA PIMP
          AQUA PIMP......
          "SALTWATER PIMP'N AIN'T EZ"

WWW.SALTWATERASSAULT.NET

Comment

"He's going to have a heart attack when he sees what I've brought him! Eh, Chief!" ~ Best Quinn Voice (Jaws)

We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Comment

Working...
            X