Trailer Hub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailer Hub?

I have a bad hub on my trailer. I have. Tortion bar. Will a reguler hub work on that? Never had one before and really don't know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "GET OFF MY REEF!"

I have a tortion axle on mine and have replaced hubs on both sides. Same hubs I had on the old leaf spring set up. You should be good to go.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Dat's awesome, thanks!
      I have the hub, wheel, and tire always mounted on the trailer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Damn, that was harder than I thought it would be, but I guess everything is. I lucked out and saw it wobble as I turned the corner onto my street. Barely made it into the driveway, but that was all really lucky. Could have been on the side of the road in the dark! I've done that before and it's REALLY no fun.
        I fingered out that sometime soon I really need a whole new axle...just another $450. Oh well.
        "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Trailer Hub?

I did the same thing the last time mine went out. I saw it wobble as I was turning into my driveway. It was dry as a bone when I got the hub off. One of the races was stuck on the spindle and I had to pound it off of there. I keep a lot closer eye on them now. Glad you got her fixed.
          Shut up and FISH!!

Comment

Yeah the races had to be tapped off with a chisel and hammer.
            "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

I'm due a trailer overhaul. I don't use mine much but when I need it...I'll be glad I did it. Glad you got it done.

-FP

Comment

Mine gets dunked almost daily, and even after power washing there's always salt it tight places. For instance, there's virtually no way to rinse between the steel plate and the aluminum trailer beam it's bolted to. The hubs and torsion bar axle seem to rust up pretty quick living at the beach. I think they could do a LOT better job galvanizing those parts.
                "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Mine went out a few years back in the middle of B.F.E. somewhere between here and Lake Somerville. took two hours just to get a hub brought to me then about another two hours to change , needless to say I now keep enough stuff to basically rebuild my trailer at any moment lol.
                  I dont always drink beer, but when i do , I prefer to be fishing !!!!!

Comment

So how old was it? I'm wondering about mine?

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                      So how old was it? I'm wondering about mine?
                      Almost 5 years old and that was the lifespan of my last two trailers.This Coastline is all aluminum, so I just replace the axle when needed for $450.+ tax and a bunch of work.
                      "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Do you have the sealed vortex bearings? My trailer's all aluminum too. I think I put new axles on in about 2011-12, but I probably only get my boat in the water 3 - 4 times a month.

Comment

Originally posted by OR19 View Post
                          Do you have the sealed vortex bearings? My trailer's all aluminum too. I think I put new axles on in about 2011-12, but I probably only get my boat in the water 3 - 4 times a month.
                          No, just regular races & bearings.
                          "GET OFF MY REEF!"

Comment

Working...
                          X