Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: house cut across west bay from jamaica beach

Honestly, just go to greens. When you miss the cut you are messing up grass. Not a good place to "braille" your way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidalguide View Post
    Honestly, just go to greens. When you miss the cut you are messing up grass. Not a good place to "braille" your way through.
    x2.

Those winter days you have to be right on & running a VERY shallow boat. Summer the cut is much more forgiving but still shallow in areas. There's a reef and sand bar to deal with also grass on both sides.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340 View Post
    ...not really "Seafox". you need to hit it straight on as the pic that "Walker" took a few months ago. With the bull tides we have had lately you shouldn't have any issues making the cut.

What's your draft if I might ask??

Are you trying to make the cut from the outside or coming through the ICW?

My SeaFox drafts 1 1/2' if I'm on plane, it goes down to 3' if I'm taking it slow. I usually try to cross it from the ICW.
    "Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day" - Ghandi

I ran through there there other month going quickly. I've made the pass before going slow and fast, but it was a little higher tide at the time. This time didn't fare to well. Ended up pushing to get out as the tide was low. However I saw someone hug the left bank from west bay in a bigger boat and make it. Might be a small cut towards the bank.

There used to be a camp directly across from the cut. Dnt know if you can still see the pilings or not, but they do line up with the cut. It does run straight, haven't done it in a long time. look at Google earth and it'll show pretty good. It does not run 90degrees from the bank. There usedto be stakes or PVC pipes to mark it. Used to be part of the camp on the west side...

Alright. Well I'll pay close attention to those marking next time I'm out. Recently I've discovered the cut by Cow island. Took it slow and it turned out good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk