Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: house cut across west bay from jamaica beach

Default house cut across west bay from jamaica beach

has it moved? generally i can fly through there with the 17ft boat, but last weekend I couldn't quite seem to find the cut. I usually aim at the PVC pipe

Are you talking the cut by the entrance to Carranchua or Greens Cut by Greens lake into west bay from the icw?
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Im talking about the entrance to carranchua, connecting west bay to the ICW (theres a house on each side). I tried to run through there last saturday, but couldn't get through. Usually, i just use the redneck method and fly through there at WOT, it worked all last summer. I was just wondering if any of y'all have been through there lately, and if so, has it moved or is it just closed up.

I know the tides have been low lately, but usually i can find a channel through there that is at least a couple feet deep

Channel is still there. The bay side is not cut out as far as you might think. take a look at google earth
    Scott
    "All fishermen are liars except you and me and to tell you the truth, I'm not so sure about you!"

Good luck getting thru there this time of year and the low tides. The cut only runs a hundred yards or so past the houses into the bay. ya gotta go to Greens cut to get to the ICW.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

We were coming through the channel Saturday and saw a boat go right through that cut , we slowed down to to see if was gonna make it through ...he did

Quote Originally Posted by corndog View Post
    Good luck getting thru there this time of year and the low tides. The cut only runs a hundred yards or so past the houses into the bay. ya gotta go to Greens cut to get to the ICW.
    x2 winter time low tide on the west bay side 6-10 " i cant even think about it in the 22!!
    Captain Glenn Stevens
    Coastal Guide Service
    www.Fishcoastal.com

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    We were coming through the channel Saturday and saw a boat go right through that cut , we slowed down to to see if was gonna make it through ...he did
    Was that me? I had someone try & follow me through the reef cuts in front of harborwalk 4" deep I was having fun... I actually think we went through Greens Cut Saturday... So that probably wasn't me lol
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

I ran thru there with about 15 crab traps on the boat last weekend. If you can run in 3 to 4" its not a problem. If i woulda stopped i woulda been stuck like chuck though.
    Shut up and FISH!!

Quote Originally Posted by WestEndAngler View Post
    Was that me? I had someone try & follow me through the reef cuts in front of harborwalk 4" deep I was having fun... I actually think we went through Greens Cut Saturday... So that probably wasn't me lol
    looked like a family of four...with teenage kids