Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Launching Spots For Dana's Cove

Default where is pirates ramp?

couple of you said that pirates ramp is 5 min from Danas cove. Where is pirates ramp?
    Can't find it with Google.

Default Pirate's Cove Marina

Head west from 61st on S road. Right past the second golf course at 12 mile road is a condo project and an abandoned restaurant formerly called Waterman's. The launch is right next to the old restaurant which building is three stories high. Cannot miss it. No one is there as the old bait shop and marina were destroyed by Ike. Good concrete ramp with parking on road and parking lot. Galveston Country Club adjacent property.

Pistols

I haven't been to Dana Cove. How is the fishing out there? My wife and I are looking for some new places to fish in..

I regularly launch my kayak from the Waterman ramp (Pirates). The paddle through Lake Como and left to Dana (when the tide is right) is about 10 minutes or so. Fish the outer bars on an outgoing tide, or deeper into the cove otherwise. Plenty of places to wade, though the bottom on the west side of the cove is muddy. Dana is heavily fished on the weekends due to it's proximity to GISP. Be sure to leave nothing in your parked vehicle, and it be best not to park on the property.
    At his baptism, Sam Houston was told his sins were washed away. He reportedly replied, I pity the fish downstream. - Nov. 19, 1854 - Independence, Texas