Thread: Reds?

Default Reds?

I'm looking to chase some reds this weekend and I'm still kinda new to kayaking and I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers where to start this time of the year. I know about sportsmans rd and never had luck I hav waded and kayaked it so maybe some other locations please thanks for any help fellas!

Try the flats north of the pump station off Loop 197 in Moses Lake in Texas City. Lots of kayakers fish there. Put in at the Fish Spot and paddle west after entering the lake from the canal. All that shallow water holds reds.

Thanks termo! But Im trying to learn west bay as much as I can but I do appreciate it very much

I haven't been in a while, but Bayou Vista has a good marsh system for reds.
    Resident Ninja

Thanks jhua, what about any of the coves on the south shore any good for reds this time of the year?

Can be hit & miss early is better. 45 minutes before sunrise I like to be ready to fish and in my spot.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Sorry. Try the state park on the west end (gulf side).. Easy launch and I have caught some nice reds in there w/ a weedless gold spoon. Try for pockets in the grass. Haven't been there since Ike...I hope it is still as nice as before the storm.... The flats in Sea Isle are pretty good near the shorelines.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbumm View Post
    I'm looking to chase some reds this weekend and I'm still kinda new to kayaking and I was wondering if someone can give me some pointers where to start this time of the year. I know about sportsmans rd and never had luck I hav waded and kayaked it so maybe some other locations please thanks for any help fellas!
    Trythe west side of the Galveston bridge. There is a long reef fish that and also try the grassline on the south side of the reef. I did good on reds last weekend. I will be out there again this Sunday.

Awesome thanks guys! I fished that reef last week jlangley and I caught 2 sting rays and one huge big ugly that drug me on a ride lol.

Paddleersmilie

Pattern is changing at this time of year. What is the longest structure in West Bay? West Bay is loaded with REDS. Good Luck!