Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how do you fish the jetties??

Key in on the splash overs on the rocks-if tide and wind are right, you can drift down along the jetty while throwing into the rocks-amybe 1-2 boat lengths away. I use a #8 treble or flounder hook (#1 WFH small flounder hook-it's kinda like a tru-turn-it has an offset at tip so almost a circle) with live shrimp and either small splitshot or a barrel swivel with a 20# flouro leader-sometimes add a 1/16 -1/8 oz. egg sinker above swivel. I throw at the rocks and kinda feel it bouncing down slowly-almost like flounder fishing, then set on any "thump or bump" and fish on. For bull reds, try 1/2 crab, a good strong hook (circle) no. 6 and add 3/4 to 1 oz egg sinkers (as needed to keep bait on bottom) above swivel with about 18" of 20-40# flouro leader and don't throw that into the rocks-it'll hang-try where rocks meet floor.

If ya anchor up, watch when tide changes because it can swing ya around fairly quick. Carry an extra anchor with ya also. Be ready to start up and move. A trolling motor works great.
    "Hey Hillary, regarding the Benghazi Attack on 9/11-we'll just blame it on that movie, not my total lack of security. By the way, what's so significant about 9/11 anyway-was that a date my buddy Bill Ayers of the Weather Underground blew up a government building?" asked Obama to Hillary. BEAUTIFY AMERICA, RUN OVER A LIBERAL, THEN BACK UP AND SEE IF HE'S DEAD.

I caught my personnel best trout at the s jetty august 27 this year it was 4 ft of water channel side in coming tide on a live croaker .She was 29" but only 5.48 lbs .Too long a story I know but I dont fish the jetty other than july n august just too many other places to fish closer to home.Look for bait busting start shallow n go deep.

Thanks all for the great advice!! MUCH APPRECIATED