Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coach's Famous Trout Debris

Default Coach's Famous Trout Debris

Yes, debris. Pronounced De Bree. You know how trout fillets fall apart if you're not too careful with them? Well here's a recipe where you don't have to worry about it. In fact, you turn them into debris.

I never measure anything, and most of my meals are one pan only. I'm a bachelor so I gotta keep the dishes to a minimum.

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
    Grapeseed oil preferable, but olive oil will do
    Shrimp, peeled and ready
    Trout fillets, but any fish will do. Back home I even made it with mullet.
    Bell pepper diced
    Onion diced
    Tony Chachere's
    Minced garlic
    Herbs de Provence (Optional or use your favorite herbs)
    Fresh lemon for juice

Rub the fillets with Tony's and some minced garlic
    Chop your veggies and peel your shrimp.
    Get the skillet hot and put in some oil.
    Pan sear your trout fillets. Don't worry if they fall apart. Get them almost as cooked as you want them, then take them out and set them aside.

A little more oil and throw in the bell pepper. Dash some Tony's in. Get it sweating good, then throw in the onions. Now dash some more Tony's and toss in the herbs. When you've got them carmelizing toss in some garlic and the shrimp.

When the shrimp is almost done, throw the trout back in and fold it all together. Let that trout soak up all the juices. Don't be afraid to mash it all up.

Serve over rice or pasta or just by itself. To finish it off at serving, add some fresh parsley and drizzle some lemon juice on.

It's fast, easy and I've personally found it impresses women.
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Sounds like a winner. Will try it out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by coachlaw View Post
    Yes, debris. Pronounced De Bree. You know how trout fillets fall apart if you're not too careful with them? Well here's a recipe where you don't have to worry about it. In fact, you turn them into debris.

I never measure anything, and most of my meals are one pan only. I'm a bachelor so I gotta keep the dishes to a minimum.

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
    Shrimp, peeled and ready
    Bell pepper diced
    Onion diced
    Tony Chachere's
    Minced garlic
    Fresh lemon for juice

Pan sear your trout fillets. Don't worry if they fall apart. Get them almost as cooked as you want them, then take them out and set them aside.

A little more oil and throw in the bell pepper. Dash some Tony's in. Get it sweating good, then throw in the onions. Now dash some more Tony's and toss in the herbs. When you've got them carmelizing toss in some garlic and the shrimp.

When the shrimp is almost done, throw the trout back in and fold it all together. Let that trout soak up all the juices. Don't be afraid to mash it all up.

Serve over rice or pasta or just by itself. To finish it off at serving, add some fresh parsley and drizzle some lemon juice on.

or 007...not much of a difference I guess!
    Don't be a Nancy!
    If it smells like fish....you know I've been there!

Haven't cooked this at the camp since he started coming out there. Weirdo doesn't eat fish!
    From 1970-1997, true heaven on Earth existed on the banks of Bayou Cook. "Hey Dad, Thanks for buying the Camp."

Here's what you need:

Black iron skillet
    Shrimp, peeled and ready
    Bell pepper diced
    Onion diced
    Tony Chachere's
    Minced garlic
    Fresh lemon for juice

gonna have to try that sounds great
    MANVEL MOB

Haven't cooked this at the camp since he started coming out there. Weirdo doesn't eat fish!
    thats his problem!
    MANVEL MOB

I don't trust anyone who's in it just for the pull

Sound like one I'll have to give a try.......Thanks Sandy!
    Pro Staff - Ardent Reels, Santone Lures, Creme Lures, Bandit Lures, Dunamis Rods, Mayhem Bait Co., New Pro Products, Lazyman Hooks, K9 Fishing Fluorocarbon, & Thrasher Sports Apparel

Bringing back an old tread. Just made this recipe and topped it with a white wine sauce. My wife was very impressed. I'll be keeping this one.

Quote Originally Posted by scanoefisher View Post
    Bringing back an old tread. Just made this recipe and topped it with a white wine sauce. My wife was very impressed. I'll be keeping this one.
    Have to try it but without the Bell Peppers...., they seem to create a little stomach bomb for me

Sent from my iPhone