Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk 'Maters

I know a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulfcoast13 View Post
    I grow mine at Kroger.
    Problem is you will want to spit them out once you eat a good homegrown mater!! Come on post some pics!
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

more pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Picture 288.jpg   Picture 290.jpg   Picture 244.jpg  
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Damn, you guys are legit. So why isn't there a gardeners group on here?

I was curious about what variety most of you have had the most luck with. I am not looking for huge 1 pounders. A 4-6 oz variety would do just fine for my household. I saw Donas mentioned earlier. That is the variety that has caught my attention from reading various local websites. My tomato plants will have to be planted in pots this year. My backyard will be going through some changes, so I can not install a garden. You got to start somewhere and I figure starting with a couple of pots wouldn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by buoy37 View Post
    Damn, you guys are legit. So why isn't there a gardeners group on here?

I was curious about what variety most of you have had the most luck with. I am not looking for huge 1 pounders. A 4-6 oz variety would do just fine for my household. I saw Donas mentioned earlier. That is the variety that has caught my attention from reading various local websites. My tomato plants will have to be planted in pots this year. My backyard will be going through some changes, so I can not install a garden. You got to start somewhere and I figure starting with a couple of pots wouldn't hurt.
    better boys and maybe 1-2 sweet 100s for snacking! If you can buy a lemon boy get 2 of them they are awesome! Lke I said before I can a lot of tomatoes so be prepare to can em!!
    Last edited by corndog; February 6th, 2012 at 11:15 PM.
    Bacon Bacon Bacon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galveston340 View Post
    ...I have to agree about the "Gardener's" Forum. On another site that I have helped run since 2005 we have always had an"OFF Topic" Forum where anything that isn't hack related goes. OK....before anyone thinks I am a hacker I a "white hat" hacker ...usually!

...but, it would be a nice addition to the site if there were an "Off Topic" area where we could start threads with subject matters such as this one that have nothing to do with fishing West Bay fishing related topics but would keep the members interested and talking....(THUS TRAFFIC COE!!)
    G340,

Start a group right now! It is easy. I'll join and participate.

Make sure it has a cool name.

Shut up and FISH!!

My Dad grew some Celebrity Maters one year that were a pound. But when you buy plants you sometimes can't be sure what you are getting.
    Beandaddy

Never realized so many gardeners were here. Santa Fe has the best soil I've found in the county. Grow some celebrity or creoles and you'll be pleased. Especially the ones that smell like a skunk when you pick them. Oooops.