Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crab Trap

Default Crab Trap

Yup, we got moved in on for a single crab trap Saturday. No names but we both knew the guy... Anyways 20' is too close and to cut us off while we are working down a shore to get a crab trap, oh man... You could have waited & come in behind us to pick it up.
    We are West End Anglers, a saltwater tribe!

Kinda sick for them to cut you off in front like that. Was he a Crabber-commercial guy? Hope you gave him a piece of your mind! Unfortunately, some folks don't have a clue when it comes to common sense or conduct on the water!

Quote Originally Posted by SCHU View Post
    Kinda sick for them to cut you off in front like that. Was he a Crabber-commercial guy? Hope you gave him a piece of your mind! Unfortunately, some folks don't have a clue when it comes to common sense or conduct on the water!
    No he was a local probably getting crabs out of his trap for the spillway. I sent him a PM. I was very nice both on the water and in my message to him. He only had 1 trap in that area.

Some people don't care that you spent 100.00 on fuel, money on bait, ice, and cold beer and you are trying to catch some dinner. Most of them think they own the bay because they have a trap out. I am out there catching food for my family as you are trying to make money for yours. There is no reason he could not have waited a few minutes to get to the trap.

I have to say the guy in Chocolate is always nice when he sees me. Maybe your guy was having a bad day or was in a rush for something, but no excuse for his actions.

Ok I am done..
    KEEP IT WET..

Sounds like my friend W.B.C . (NOT REALLY MY FRIEND)

I new the guy I put a compression plate on his boat about 2 months ago. Pretty much a douche move.

Get TX numbers and report to TPWD ... boats must maintin a certain distance from waders, and swimmers.

50 FEET
    FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Muddskipper View Post
    Get TX numbers and report to TPWD ... boats must maintin a certain distance from waders, and swimmers.

50 FEET
    He was 20' from me and maybe 50' from TXSHOCKWAVE who was wading.

No need to call TPWD. I sent him a message as I stated and I will leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddskipper View Post

50 FEET
    50 feet??? Me and aqua pimp and his dad were fishing chocolate about 4 years ago and this guy and his wife pulled up and BUMPED my bote.

We didn't say anything to them because if I remember correctly, she was pretty good looking.

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    50 feet??? Me and aqua pimp and his dad were fishing chocolate about 4 years ago and this guy and his wife pulled up and BUMPED my bote.

We didn't say anything to them because if I remember correctly, she was pretty good looking.
    Nope, you must have been drinking too much...
    KEEP IT WET..